Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I need to edit a few things on the front page and on the article view.
    What I want to change are:

• title of the content article
    • author name
    • date
    • article text

I want to change the size and colour of theses both on front page and article view.

What CSS files should I edit?
    And what is the name of the lines I should edit?

I used firebug, I tells me to edit H1 for example, but I can’t find this on template.css not on blog.css

I need some directions please.

Thank you.

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # Please turn off css compress while you are working. By this way you will know which css files need to work on.
    # If some css selectors are not exists than you just create it.

If you can’t do by yourself please let me know what are your exactly need to do. And provide backend & CPanel access. I’ll help you do it.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # Please turn off css compress while you are working. By this way you will know which css files need to work on.

If you can’t do by yourself please let me know what are your exactly need to do. And provide backend & CPanel access. I’ll help you do it.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

hayatalyaqout Friend

<em>@jooservices 474891 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

I’m not sure from where to disable CSS compress.

I’d like to change the font type + font size of the following:

Article Title
    Article Date
    Article Author
    Article text (Intro and the rest)

But I’ll appreciate if you tell me what file I should edit, and what lines, and I’ll find my way.
    Because I want to try different things until I get a satisfactory result.

Anyway, I’ll send you the login details in a private message if you want to have a look at the site.

Thanks.

hayatalyaqout Friend

<em>@jooservices 474891 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

I’m not sure from where to disable CSS compress.

I’d like to change the font type + font size of the following:

Article Title
    Article Date
    Article Author
    Article text (Intro and the rest)

But I’ll appreciate if you tell me what file I should edit, and what lines, and I’ll find my way.
    Because I want to try different things until I get a satisfactory result.

Anyway, I’ll send you the login details in a private message if you want to have a look at the site.

Thanks.

TomC Moderator

So that we can try to best assist you, please provide the url of the site you’re working on – as well as temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “Off” within your Template Manager–General settings

TomC Moderator

So that we can try to best assist you, please provide the url of the site you’re working on – as well as temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “Off” within your Template Manager–General settings

hayatalyaqout Friend

<em>@TomC 475113 wrote:</em><blockquote>So that we can try to best assist you, please provide the url of the site you’re working on – as well as temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “Off” within your Template Manager–General settings</blockquote>

Hello,

This is my site:
    http://www.hayatt.net

Optmize CSS has always been off.

Regards

hayatalyaqout Friend

<em>@TomC 475113 wrote:</em><blockquote>So that we can try to best assist you, please provide the url of the site you’re working on – as well as temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “Off” within your Template Manager–General settings</blockquote>

Hello,

This is my site:
    http://www.hayatt.net

Optmize CSS has always been off.

Regards

TomC Moderator

As your site is already a RTL format – what font are you wanting to utilize for the various content on your site?

TomC Moderator

As your site is already a RTL format – what font are you wanting to utilize for the various content on your site?

hayatalyaqout Friend

<em>@TomC 475142 wrote:</em><blockquote>As your site is already a RTL format – what font are you wanting to utilize for the various content on your site?</blockquote>

I did not mention anything about RTL.
    I want to change specific things in my CSS.
    for example, I want the auhtor name only to be in Tahoma font. (The rest is Arial)
    I wad to increase the size of the article text.
    I want the date to be bold.

hayatalyaqout Friend

<em>@TomC 475142 wrote:</em><blockquote>As your site is already a RTL format – what font are you wanting to utilize for the various content on your site?</blockquote>

I did not mention anything about RTL.
    for example, I want the auhtor name only to be in Tahoma font. (The rest is Arial)
    I want the date to be bold.

TomC Moderator

<em>@hayatalyaqout 475167 wrote:</em><blockquote>I did not mention anything about RTL.
    I want the date to be bold.</blockquote>

Problem is . . . I don’t know which part is the author name – as I don’t read/understand the language in which your site is presented.

To bold the date, try this . . .

If you haven’t yet done so, create a new file called “custom.css” within file path –> /templates/ja_teline_v/css/

Within that custom.css file, paste the following CSS rule:

.article-info dd {
    font-weight: bolder;
    white-space: nowrap;

}

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

TomC Moderator

<em>@hayatalyaqout 475167 wrote:</em><blockquote>I did not mention anything about RTL.
    I want the date to be bold.</blockquote>

Problem is . . . I don’t know which part is the author name – as I don’t read/understand the language in which your site is presented.

To bold the date, try this . . .

If you haven’t yet done so, create a new file called “custom.css” within file path –> /templates/ja_teline_v/css/

Within that custom.css file, paste the following CSS rule:

.article-info dd {
    font-weight: bolder;
    white-space: nowrap;

}

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum