Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Okay. I build a site and I look like a genius. But obviously I don’t know all the stuff – even the simple stuff.

New site at http://lighthouseaz.com.

I am now trying my first attempt to archive an article. I published an article in mid-June to http://lighthouseaz.com/resources/blogs/kim-owens-blog. I wanted to publish a new one and archive the old one.

What I did was
    1. Published a new category “Blog Archive”
    2. Published a new menu item “Previous Devotions” and made category “Blog Archive”
    3. Change the name of the first article, changed its state to “Archived”, and changed the category to “Blog Archive”
    4. Published a new article to take the place of the old article
    5. Published the archive module to the above blog page

Everything seems to work like I want it. The new article shows up. The archive module says there is an archived article. When I click on the archive list (in this case, June, 2011) it opens up another page showing the archived article.

THE PROBLEM? When I click on the archived article name, nothing happens. WHAT IN TARNATION DID I DO WRONG?

It has to be pretty simple but I just don’t know what it is. :-[

pastorbill Friend

SERIOUSLY? No one can tell me what I’m doing wrong???? HELP!

pastorbill Friend

I stumbled on a solution but a HORRIBLE one: Switching SEF urls off allows the article to be viewed. Anyone know how to make the article visible with SEF turned on?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Pastorbill,

1. With regards to your first issue, I got difficulties in finding the archive post.

When I click on the archived article name, nothing happens.

Can you tell me where is the “Previous Devotion” menu item and exactly where is the wrong archived article?

2. Regarding your SEF issue, I may need to see your config, would you mind send me the admin account in order to login and take a look? Please paste it in your ticket here:
    http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/75868
    Thanks so much.

pastorbill Friend

Thanks for the reply. I actually unarchived the article and just published it the blog page, which explains why you didn’t see the post (I also went back to SEF urls). I am convinced that this is a Joomla issue and not just a template issue.

I will paste the login for you if you want to look around.

1. If you want to archive the earliest article you are welcome to do so.
    2. If you want to change any settings you are welcome to do so.

Thanks again.

pastorbill Friend

Any help with archiving???? HELP????

pastorbill Friend

Well this is now fixed. NO THANKS to HUNGND!!!! I love the Joomlart templates. I think their customer service SUCKS!

I upgraded from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4 and it seemed to fix my problem with archiving.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi pastorbill,

Firstly I want to apologize because I could not reply you sooner. I have spent a quite long time for this issue but could not figure out the reason why. Therefore I did not have the answer for you. After that we have had 4 days off for a vacation and I also could not do anything more during that time. Now I’m getting back to you and you have already had the solution.

So It finally turns out that its a joomla core issue. I was checking and inspecting our template files without the notice of that could possibly an error of Joomla. Thank you, I should avoid that wasting of time of both me and you next time. You have done a great work mate. But I also want to let you know that the latest version of Joomla is 1.6.5, you should upgrade it now as I could fix further issues.

Lastly I want to say sorry again for the slow response although the problem is not from our product, we always want to deliver good service but you know sometimes and for some reason, not all of the tickets are handled well, we promise to improve it in the time to come.

Thank you.

Hung.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum