Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi All.

I’m in need of some help.

I’m using the JA Villadi template but i am unsure how to customise certain aspects of the template. My website address is http://www.deesidepaddlers.co.uk/index.php

After several try and error attemps i have decided to ask for assistance.

I’m looking for any helpful guidance on the following:

1) How to change the background colour of the boxes in the left column.
    2) Can the height of the logo / header be changed to a smaller size.
    3) Can the height of the menu be adjusted.
    4) How would i enable the scroll bar feature in the main body area of the webpage.

Cheers,

Kenny B.

:confused:

kallan Friend

Hi Kenny,

<blockquote>1) How to change the background colour of the boxes in the left column.</blockquote>
    There don’t seem to be boxes in a left column unless you mean the main content box?
    The ones on the right you change the background (if none of the options suit) by changing the images such as box-br.gif.
    If you want to use one of the other color options then you need to go into the administration end of the website to the modules and open one of the modules
    In the module suffix you need to put -blue or -orange or -green save and refresh you page.

<blockquote>2) Can the height of the logo / header be changed to a smaller size.</blockquote>
    The css to alter the header can be found by searching for ja-topsl in the template_css.css file this will take you to all the css for the top spotlight which you can then modify to your needs.

<blockquote>3) Can the height of the menu be adjusted.</blockquote>
    for the menu the first place to start is to look at the images such as mainnav-fi-active-bg.gif then check the css for the menu (check your index.php file for which menu you have chosen as this tells you what css file to open for the menu) Also look in the template_css.css file as they styles may be set there.

Not sure on the scroll bar question sorry.

Best of luck
    Kiwidesign

k3nnyb Friend

Many Thanks Kallan.

And yes, i meant the other left, which is those boxes in the right column. Looks like i’m going to be doing some work in photoshop.

The scroll bar item in the main body was to try and keep the web page static with only the main body part having the ability to adjust. I had thoughts on maybe using the wrapper feature but am unsure if this is the correct method and how to just allocate it to the main body part. If anyone has any ideas please post them.

Cheers for your quick and helpful response Kallan (Kiwidesign)

Regards,

Kenny B.

Menalto Friend

<em>@k3nnyb 29328 wrote:</em><blockquote>Many Thanks Kallan.

And yes, i meant the other left, which is those boxes in the right column. Looks like i’m going to be doing some work in photoshop.

The scroll bar item in the main body was to try and keep the web page static with only the main body part having the ability to adjust. I had thoughts on maybe using the wrapper feature but am unsure if this is the correct method and how to just allocate it to the main body part. If anyone has any ideas please post them.

Cheers for your quick and helpful response Kallan (Kiwidesign)

Regards,

Kenny B.</blockquote>
    Never tested it out,but maybe it will work to give the mainbody/content div something like this:

width:500px;height:500px;overflow-x: hidden;overflow-y:scroll;overflow:-moz-scrollbars-vertical !important;
    , and give it some styling to reflect your site.
    the 500px is just somenumbers i added just in case you wanna try it

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Menalto 16 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum