Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

@pankajsharma or anyone moderator:

We are having trouble with the Article Categories module that displays on front page. We have an article “Back to School 2014-15” in News category. We have News category in a menu item which works (link in footer of website), but whenever an end user clicks on the article it takes them back to the front page.

This article isn’t the only instance of this and we need some guidance!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    the article are not opening because Homepage does not contain the mainbody container in JA Sugite template .
    You need to create a menu and assign the category (news ) of those article that you selected in the article categories module ,
    after that the article will redirect to the menu that you created for category news .

Let me know if there is any confusion. 🙂

angie00 Friend

<em>@”pankajsharma 441576″ wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello the article are not opening because Homepage does not contain the mainbody container in JA Sugite template . You need to create a menu and assign the category (news ) of those article that you selected in the article categories module , after that the article will redirect to the menu that you created for category news . Let me know if there is any confusion. :)</blockquote>

We do have category (news) in a menu so I guess I’m not understanding….

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Please check the menu assigned template ,
    Can you tell me the name if the menu, i will check it rite now

angie00 Friend

Communications > news

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@angie00 441615 wrote:</em><blockquote>Communications > news</blockquote>
    I HAVE NOT FOUND news category there . Also there are many menu with name news .
    Please check it again and let me know.

angie00 Friend

@pankajsharma

Sorry for the confusion. It is menu Communications > News & Headlines (the alias was news).

The link to News from footer menu (Resources > News) works just fine to show the articles from this menu item, however in the module it just goes back to front page.

1. Screen-Shot-2014-08-16-at-5.04.08-PM
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello angie00 ..
    JA Sugite is currently not compatible with Joomla 3.3.3 .
    I checked your site is on Joomla 3.3.3 .
    I suggested you to please install the previous backup of your site . with compatible version .
    because if template is not compatible it can produce random problems .

angie00 Friend

ok, so that is the cause of the module not working correctly?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello .. it can be .the issue is the url routing , may be the file is not working with latest joomla3.3.3 .
    I suggest you to check compatibility of the template, before update .

angie00 Friend

@pankajsharma

Where does it show the compatibility? On this page it shows Joomla 2.5 and 3.
    http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-sugite#system-requirement

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello the template is currently compatible with Joomla3.3.1

As the template will updated the notifications will comes on our Blog .
    Please read our blogs for latest updates/news/tutorials
    http://www.joomlart.com/blog
    Edited …..
    Please update the template … its compatible for j3.3.3 .
    Check our blog.

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Angie,

To read the latest blog on JA Sugite update to compatibility with Joomla 3.3.3, please have a look at http://www.joomlart.com/updates/joomla-templates/ja-medicare-sugite-argo-wall-smashboard-biz-updated-for-joomla-3-3-3.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alex

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alexsmirnov 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum