Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    Does anyone know how to prevent visitors to your site to do a “view source” and not let them see it? I know this is more of a Joomla question but just thought I’d ask here first. I don’t want my local competitors seeing what template I use! 😉

Thanks!

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

I have searched you the topics in joomla.org and google:
    http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1555764

I don’t think we can.

wooohanetworks Friend

When you only want to hide template path like templates/ja_cooper/images/and so on…

Well, then you can simply rewrite all the paths you find in your joomla installation manually. This will be a lot of work but you can change it to templates/sitename/images/and so on, whatever you like, but you really have to change all paths and codes that refer to your template or something definitely will go wrong later…;) But basically it may be not even so much work as one expects. When some pro knows where the few path and references sit and can post those, even better, but when I find a solution I’ll let you know. As far as I can see in all the codes of the templates, this should only be 2 steps, besides renaming the folder of the template, there should only be one further entry to be edited. This entry should be located somehow anywhere around the Joomla Template Manager, but I could not find anything there. Can also be an SQL Entry, so….Somewhere must be some entry for the template manager that defines the path via the name of the template, so e.g. ja_cooper.tpl. ANYONE KNOWING WHERE IT IS, WOULD BE NICE! THANKS!

Just some time ago, I came up with the question if anyone knows about a sourcecode rewriter, same as a SEF Component works, but rewriting all the data that comes from the original source to the html representation a visitor can access. When you read the posts in the Joomla article, there is mentioned how it works. So basically when some developer would see the need, and there is a definite use for such, and would program such extensions, I also would like it, as it is possible…Maybe there is such out there, but not for Joomla, a simple universal solution.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wooohanetworks 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum