Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

This could not be very important but the Home Icon in the Telline IV looks really neat,
    although i have it already uploaded in the images folder but it is not showing on the front page:((

chavan Friend

please post your site url

kniotech Friend

<em>@Chavan 249602 wrote:</em><blockquote>please post your site url</blockquote>
    link: http://www.civatakurdelubnan.org/main/

TomC Moderator

<em>@kniotech 249589 wrote:</em><blockquote>This could not be very important but the Home Icon in the Telline IV looks really neat,
    although i have it already uploaded in the images folder but it is not showing on the front page:((</blockquote>
    Did you name your new image for the home icon the same as the original and overwrite the original in the same image folder?

The CSS code for this particular element can be found within the template.css file, the path to which is ja_teline_iv/css/template.css

#ja-mainnav li.home a.home {
    background: url("../images/icons/home.png") no-repeat scroll center center transparent !important;

}

#ja-mainnav li:hover a.home, #ja-mainnav li.over a.home, #ja-mainnav li.active a.home {
    background: url("../images/icons/home-l.png") no-repeat scroll center center #000000 !important;

}
    The easiest way to change the icon would be to create your own icon (same width/height dimensions as the original), save it as a .png file, name it “home.png” and overwrite the original within your images/icons folder.

If you want a mouseover/hover effect, you will need to create that icon image as well and name it “home-l.png”

Of course, you can name the icon anything you like . . . . just be sure to modify the relative css rule (as indicated above) with the correct name and extension type of the new image you created and uploaded to your icons/images file.

Hope that helps.

kniotech Friend

I am talking about the original Icon with the same name whatever it is, anyway could it be something related to the menu? the default menu is set to magazine but I think this one is defferent http://www.civatakurdelubnan.org/main/

TomC Moderator

So is the method I described for you above not what you wanted ??

If you want the image (for “home”) to display rather than text, then you need to indicate such within your Template Manager –> JA_TELINE_IV_Default –> PROFILES –> Global Settings –> Image Type … set to “Image”

chavan Friend

Add this code to yout template.css file /templates/ja_teline_iv/css/template.css

#ja-mainnav li.first a.first{
    background: url("/main/templates/ja_teline_iv/images/icons/home.png") no-repeat scroll center center transparent !important;
    }

#ja-mainnav li.first a.first{
    margin: 3px 5px;
    padding: 4px 0 3px;
    text-indent: -1000em;
    width: 28px;
    }

Note: If you Find my Post useful please click on the Thanks Icon

kniotech Friend

_adding this code instead of what?
    _why do you think the Magazine menu is not showing up
    _Plz see attched pic I am not able to find Template Manager –> JA_TELINE_IV_Default –> PROFILES –> Global Settings –> Image Type … set to “Image”
    I found the solution:
    got to Template Manager –> JA_TELINE_IV_Default –> PROFILES –> Global Settings –> Template Type … set to “Magazine”
    ……..was that simple?:)

1. T.manager
    chavan Friend

Just add the css code i have posted before to the template.css file in the specified folder path in your server.

I’m confused, Did you find the solution ?

TomC Moderator

<em>@kniotech 249692 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    _Plz see attched pic I am not able to find Template Manager –> JA_TELINE_IV_Default –> PROFILES –> Global Settings –> Image Type … set to “Image”
    </blockquote>
    My apologies …. the field under “Profiles” is “Select Logo Type.” (I guess I typed a little too fast in my previous post).

But yes, it’s that simple.

Glad I could help.

🙂

hyperdrone Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 249671 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    If you want the image (for “home”) to display rather than text, then you need to indicate such within your Template Manager –> JA_TELINE_IV_Default –> PROFILES –> Global Settings –> Image Type … set to “Image”</blockquote>

Greetings.. I recently installed this template with sample data. I would like to *not* display the home icon but use the menu name instead. I have gone to Template Manager –> JA_TELINE_IV_Default –> PROFILES –> Global Settings –> but I do not see an Image Type parameter. There are only: Select Logo Type, Font Size, Template Width, Specified width, Hide Main content block, Direction and T3 logo.

Am I looking in the right place?

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Choose “Select Logo Type” and set that to “Image”…they misspoke above.

Have fun.
    John.

hyperdrone Friend

Hello. I think there is confusion. I am not referring to the site logo. I am referring to the menu icon for the Home menu tab. It looks like a house. I don’t want that. I want it to say “Home” but I cannot find where this is controlled in the template settings.

Thanks.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Here’s what you need to do.

GOTO : [FONT=”Arial Black”]MENUS > MAGAZINE > HOME > PARAMETERS (JA EXTENDED)[/FONT]
    There you should see “Additional Class” with “Home” in it.
    Just delete “home” – leaving a blank space, save and refresh and you are all done.

Again, if you don’t see the change immediately, clear your cache.

Have fun!
    John.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum