Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

So I am having some issues with my home page slideshow that I was hoping anyone could help clear up. First thing I guess would be that my photos are automatically resizing, or resizing when I set a specific size, which is problematic because the pictures are taken with a DLSR so the pictures are zoomed into one small area of the complete photo. Also, I was wondering how it would be possible to do a sort of thumbnail/collage type deal because my photos are set to just slide across, although I am using JA Slideshow, not JA Content Slider. I understand this post may be a little confusing but I will clear up any questions to anyone trying to help me. I just don’t know if I need to download another extension or if I need to mess around with the HTML (not preferred), or if there is just something on the backend that I am missing. Any help is much appreciated.

bendingandwelding Friend

Also, I am hoping that someone might shed some light as to what people are using for their default home page. Mine right now is just set to featured articles although I have no featured articles so they don’t show up. However, as far as I know, it could be causing problems with my slideshow that I don’t know of. Again, any help is much appreciated.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi bendingadnwelding,

Did you try to check out user guide of this JA Lens template?

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-lens-template-for-joomla-2-5-userguide-2/

In this docs, we provide configuration for Slideshow module in details.

With the article in homepage, as you can see in demo site, the home page shows K2 items retrieved from category selected in home menu item’s setting.

Hope this helps

P/s: you can post your site url here for further checking.

Regards

bendingandwelding Friend

Thank you, that did help a lot. Another question is do I need to resize my photos for the slideshow to fit nicely or do something else? Whenever I set a certain size for photos it causes the photos to become extremely pixelated. The photos are taken in extreme high definition and cause them to be very zoomed in. My websites URL is bendingandwelding.com. Thank you!

Saguaros Moderator
    bendingandwelding Friend

My Slideshow Lite is set up the same way as shown except autoplay is on and the main image size is different. If I set the image size to 60×60 then the pictures come out extremely pixelated. If I set it to auto, or almost anything above 2000×2000 then it comes out with a somewhat less than desirable quality and if they are taken by a DSLR (like some are), the quality is bad and the photo is zoomed in toward the center, leaving a lot of picture out. I’ve been trying to tweak it but to no avail.

Saguaros Moderator

If possible, you can pm me admin account of your site, I will check further for you.

Regards

thiagogurga Friend

I am facing the same problem with the images size.

I am researching for hours and until now could not solve.

How should I configure the slideshow so it does not crop images when viewed by a pc screen?

Already tried with several images in different sizes (1600×1063, 1024×720, etc.) and the problem persists :((:((:((

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Thiago,

Which slideshow module are you using- JA Slideshow or JA Slideshow Lite ?

thiagogurga Friend

Hello Saguaros , thank you so much for your time.

I am using JA Slideshow Lite, which was indicated by the template. The part I liked on Lite was able to occupy the entire width with one image but I can not do this without losing important parts of the image.

You think the JA Slideshow is better to do this?

thiagogurga Friend

I noticed something that really showed the responsive functionality.

When I halves the size of the window in my browser (chrome) the image fits perfectly.

image croped, without waves in the water

image ok, with waves in the water

1. FULL-SCREEN-IMAGE-CROPED
    2. HALF-SCREEN-IMAGE-OK
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Thiago,

Could you clarify the problem here? and btw, please check the responsive functionality in real devices, sometimes, checking it in browser is not accurate.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum