Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi, I accidentaly set a different menu item (other than the homepage) as default. So when i typed my website on any browser it took me to a different page. Then, in order to see the homepage when i type my site’s domain, i have reestablished home as default in the menu manager. However, it still just sends me to a page where the featured articles are shown. I just want the homepage to be seen like the demo website when it came with the installation. HOpe anyone can help me.

pavit Moderator

Hi

Please could you send me via PM your back end details ? Username and password ? so i can take a look closer at your configuration

pavit Moderator

Hi

I have checked your site and the Home works fine

If i search for your domain i’m redirected to your homepage correctly – No issues found on this by my side

Regarding your slideshow module you have in the module settings the source from image folder and your folder is

/images/stories/slideshow and in that folder you have four images

Uyuni-salt_flats-sunrise-banner-bolivia.jpg
    lush-amazon-rainforests.jpg
    myriad of cultures banner.jpg
    surreal-landscape-wildlife-uyuni.jpg

but in your description field for module you have ( sl-1.jpg , sl-2.jpg , sl-3.jpg etc etc )

You need to put in the description field the correct name of images and your description will work correctly i have modified one to show you that is working correctly in the module

Regards

benmont86 Friend

<em>@pavit 311101 wrote:</em><blockquote>

You need to put in the description field the correct name of images and your description will work correctly i have modified one to show you that is working correctly in the module

Regards</blockquote>
    Thanks! theres no way i would have found out that by myself. Regarding the homepage, indeed its fine now, but theres something strange that happens, everytime i make a change in the main menu, the changes dont take effect until after a while, even many hours. dont know, its just strange to me or it might be something normal. anyway, its all solved now, really thanks again for your help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  benmont86 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum