Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’m having trouble with the images on my homepage. I installed this template using the quickstart, and none of the images display on my homepage. I installed it 3 times so far and same results every time. I haven’t changed any of the settings and I set all the directory permissions to writable. When I view the code for the homepage all my images have the install URL and not the link to the actual image.

You can view the site here.

And here’s a screen of my homepage:

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    Vince

Saguaros Moderator

Hello guy!

Please:

1) check all images are displaying on the homepage , are they exist in the images folder ? may be they missing in the Site uploading.

2) you access module by module and try to turn off cache option.

Please check for me.

THanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hello guy!

Please:

1) check all images are displaying on the homepage , are they exist in the images folder ? may be they missing in the Site uploading.

Please check for me.

THanks

moghees Friend

I have the same problem…I have changed all the permissions as some people have requested in Joomla forums but I am still having this problem? Is it anything to do with that my hosting is Linux based and not Windows?

albertorum Friend

I have the same problem,

I installed quickstart ja_rasite, and images of the cover not shown.

Mod_jaslideshow2 module is configured as follows an the Image folder put: images/stories/demo/slideshow.

What’s wrong?

Thanks

vpitetti Friend

<em>@tienhc 162899 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello guy!

Please:

Please check for me.

THanks</blockquote>

Hi Tienhc,

Yes all the images are uploaded and in the correct folders, the images it’s trying to show from the articles display on the article page but not the homepage. If you click on one of the links from the slider where the images are supposed to show, it will take you to the article for that slide and the image shows on that page in the article, just not the homepage.

As for the modules cache option under “advanced parameters” its set to don’t cache as it is from the default install.

I think the problem is for some reason none of the images from the homepage contain links to the images. Instead it displays a link to the install directory and doesnt go into the /images directory. Have a look at the source code from my homepage and you’ll see what I mean.

Thank you,
    Vince

moghees Friend

<em>@vpitetti 163090 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Tienhc,

Yes all the images are uploaded and in the correct folders, the images it’s trying to show from the articles display on the article page but not the homepage. If you click on one of the links from the slider where the images are supposed to show, it will take you to the article for that slide and the image shows on that page in the article, just not the homepage.

As for the modules cache option under “advanced parameters” its set to don’t cache as it is from the default install.

I think the problem is for some reason none of the images from the homepage contain links to the images. Instead it displays a link to the install directory and doesnt go into the /images directory. Have a look at the source code from my homepage and you’ll see what I mean.

Thank you,
    Vince</blockquote>
    Hi Vince…

I think your right. I checked my source code and it looks like the link to the actual slideshow folder is missing and that’s why it’s not showing the images. I have uploaded a screenshot of my sourcecode (web address blurred) an dI inserted the correct link source file for the first pic (did this with Firebug in Firefox). As you can see the other 4 slideshow images links are missing. This is effectively on all the images on the homepage. I wonder what the fix can be for this?

vpitetti Friend

<em>@moghees 163091 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Vince…

I think your right. I checked my source code and it looks like the link to the actual slideshow folder is missing and that’s why it’s not showing the images. I have uploaded a screenshot of my sourcecode (web address blurred) an dI inserted the correct link source file for the first pic (did this with Firebug in Firefox). As you can see the other 4 slideshow images links are missing. This is effectively on all the images on the homepage. I wonder what the fix can be for this?</blockquote>

Hi Moghees,

I figured it out (on my site anyways); I had PHP ‘safe_mode’ on when it should be set to off.

Check to see if you are running PHP with safe_mode on or off, if it’s “on” set it to “off” and see if that fixes the problem.

Thank you,
    Vince

Phill Moderator

Yes, one of the problems with safe_mode is that it prevents the creation of folders. When an image needs to be displayed on the frontpage with resized thumbs then the script needs to generate those thumbs in a folder. The first time the script is run then this folder needs creating but safe mode prevents it. If you create this folder manually then everything will work fine.

I am not a fa of safe_mode and neither are the PHP project team which is why they are dropping it from PHP6. Many hosts believe this increases security but all it does is create a false sense and problems for users.

albertorum Friend

Hello phill, Please could indicate which is the folder where you have to manually add it to make everything work ok?

Many thanks!

moghees Friend

Vince…

Excellent! I disabled Safe Mode and its worked a treat…

Such a simple solution where I have been trying to find out the problem for the last 4 to 5 days!!!

Thanks Vince and all people who contributed.

Phill Moderator

<em>@albertorum 163135 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello phill, Please could indicate which is the folder where you have to manually add it to make everything work ok?

Many thanks!</blockquote>

Unzip the attached filder and place it in your joomla images directory (not the templates one) and make sure the folder and its contents are chmoded to 777

1. resized.zip
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 14 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum