Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I’ve just finished http://www.langmai.org – a famous vietnamese site ( English site: http://www.plumvillage.org)

How about’s my site?..

Thank you for any comment.

Thanks again.
    Thanh Tien

SP Media Friend

It looks a little plain, and the menu needs to be more central, it’s to one side, and looks a little out of place.

It just needs more umph.

bennitos Friend

to me the “twinkling” on the header and images come over abit annoying.

A bit more colour to the site will aprove it looks i think.

I dont know why you have a redirect to /new/ but you might want to place it on your root.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

I believe your website is very infomative (I just don’t know how to read them. :p) More pictures is better. 🙂

mihirc Friend

Hello,

One thing I most notice is that the menu. Its got the splitmenu working well . But the problem (i feel ) is that almost all the links have got submenu’s except for the sitemap. So when I am going through the links, all of a sudden, the page shifts up. I dont like it.

Other than that, add more pictures..

anisjolly Friend

Hey Thanh

Not a bad site at all. One point I would note is that you have content in your ‘left’ and ‘right’ positions. They look very unbalanced.

I would recommend balancing them out so that the content across the screen looks pretty even. I know that sometimes there can be more content in one position than the other but if you could try to level it out a bit – it might help the main content look more managed.

Hope this helps. Other than that – over time it can only get better 🙂

sunrise Friend

Hi Thanh, It must have been a lot of work to put it all together, and in two languages. Did you ever consider using JoomFish so that is would be one site, but bilingual. That way you just have to keep one set of pictures, folders, and it would be easier to update as well.

I looked at the site using 1024 x 768 resolution, and the home page in English does not fit and I have to scroll sideways to see everything.

There is more good advice above, so I won’t repeat that, but wish you good luck with the site.

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@alliedtech 106104 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve just finished http://www.langmai.org – a famous vietnamese site ( English site: http://www.plumvillage.org)

How about’s my site?..

Thank you for any comment.

Thanks again.
    Thanh Tien</blockquote>

In case you nominate of your sites for the contest here at Joomlart.com, it will get my vote, I never voted yet but for a site like yours I will vote.

Life is all about finding Zen, if it is with one’s personal life or business, if it is work on a website or on a tree, and without Zen, you may get fast results but you may never experience what the result is like when you are able to feel it in it’s complexity and completeness. Zen also tells you to make material things thorough and to not achieve things that will later look unfinished. The way of Zen and the Tao literally has no beginning, you cannot say you had an idea and from an idea you started to work on and the result later was achieved by you without having stepped back from that before you had the idea the Tao was telling you how much the result will bring you just back to what you did before you started to work. That sounds easy, regular and for others hard to understand, but this is the normal way how things go…when you listen to the Tao.

I like to see more sites like yours here in the forums, that is what I may say.:)

sunrise Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 106332 wrote:</em><blockquote>In case you nominate of your sites for the contest here at Joomlart.com, it will get my vote, I never voted yet but for a site like yours I will vote.

Life is all about finding Zen, </blockquote>

I am all for meaningful sites, here at JoomlArt or anywhere. I hope to make some myself one day. But I had the impression that the nomination for Websites here at Joomlart weas more to judge the site, the graphics and webwork, and not so much the content, whether or not we like what is written or how meaningful it is.

What about a guy who makes a site about cars, or touch phones or whatever. I feel the content of course should be good and fit the site, but not the grounds for our votes. I don’t know if I misunderstood you or not, but at least this is my opinion on this.

wooohanetworks Friend

….:)……

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen

I like the design and the site content, and what I vote or like to vote for comes solely from within my heart. Actually I also like the site of JWellman as I already thought about voting for this one, so you may see one vote for her site as soon the contest voting is open, I will check back…and now did so and voted for her site.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  wooohanetworks 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum