Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,
    I tried several times to edit the footer. I need to add some words before “Designed by joomlart”
    How can i do that?

and one more question: the website title is “Welcome to the frontpage”.. In administrator->configuration I put my website name.. but Welcome to the frontage is still stuck in the title? How can I change it?

thanks guys

Phill Moderator

<em>@catanifa 124518 wrote:</em><blockquote>

and one more question: the website title is “Welcome to the frontpage”.. In administrator->configuration I put my website name.. but Welcome to the frontage is still stuck in the title? How can I change it?

thanks guys</blockquote>

Have you cleared your cache both in joomla and your browser?

hanifahmed Friend

Have you tried looking in the following folders:
    mod_footer/ for the file footer.php
    Or in templates/ja_nickel/html for the file footer.php?

It should be in one of those folders.

To change “Welcome to the Front Page, go the Menu, Main Menu, click on Home, click on Parameters (System) and change it under there.

Phill Moderator

<em>@hanifahmed 124520 wrote:</em><blockquote>

To change “Welcome to the Front Page, go the Menu, Main Menu, click on Home, click on Parameters (System) and change it under there.</blockquote>

I think one of us might be miss-understanding which bit he wants changed. I believe he is asking for the words that appear in the browser bar and not the title of the frontpage.

hanifahmed Friend

catanifa;124518Hi everyone,the website title is “Welcome to the frontpage”.. In administrator->configuration I put my website name.. but Welcome to the frontage is still stuck in the title? How can I change it?

thanks guys

Well, he hasn’t done it properly…

Phill Moderator

You are right, it is changed in the parameters, unless you have one of the meta generator plugins installed, then it picks it up from the site name in site>global configuration.

As for changing the footer, unpublish the module currently in position footer. Then create a custom module in position footer and put whatever text you require in there.

hanifahmed Friend

phill luckhurst;124525
    As for changing the footer, unpublish the module currently in position footer. Then create a custom module in position footer and put whatever text you require in there.

That’s exactly what I used to do, until I found that there is another way of doing it without needing to make another module.

Frankly, either way works!

catanifa Friend

thanks to everyone guys!! I solved my questions

catanifa Friend

<em>@hanifahmed 124529 wrote:</em><blockquote>That’s exactly what I used to do, until I found that there is another way of doing it without needing to make another module.

Frankly, either way works!</blockquote>

how can I do that?
    thanks hanifhmed!!

hanifahmed Friend

hanifahmed;124520Have you tried looking in the following folders:
    mod_footer/ for the file footer.php
    Or in templates/ja_nickel/html for the file footer.php?

It should be in one of those folders.

To change “Welcome to the Front Page, go the Menu, Main Menu, click on Home, click on Parameters (System) and change it under there.

See my first post.

Phill Moderator

<em>@hanifahmed 124529 wrote:</em><blockquote>That’s exactly what I used to do, until I found that there is another way of doing it without needing to make another module.

Frankly, either way works!</blockquote>

But try getting some people to do a simple mod on a php file can cause disasters;) It is fun to watch though:)

hanifahmed Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 124534 wrote:</em><blockquote>But try getting some people to do a simple mod on a php file can cause disasters;) It is fun to watch though:)</blockquote>
    LOL
    True, until it happens to you!!! lol

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hanifahmed 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum