Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello.

I am using Orisite for my template and have heavily modified CSS so I can’t really switch to Puresite to start over…how can I have the logo & mainnav line up with logo on the left & menu on the right (like in Puresite), instead of having logo on top with mainnav below logo?

Please help?

Thanks!
    An ๐Ÿ™‚

chavan Friend

Hi

The logo & mainnav were put in a block which have type = header, so you can refer file header.php in templates/ja_puresite/blocks.

lefevre Friend

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

tphmedia Friend

A little more detail would be useful! How would I modify that file to get them on the same line!

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi there,

You can customize markup & css for consistent with a specific case.

tphmedia Friend

What exactly do I change to get the menu and logo to be on the same line?

swissa Friend

<em>@tphmedia 321944 wrote:</em><blockquote>What exactly do I change to get the menu and logo to be on the same line?</blockquote>

Maybe post a url and someone will be able to see what to change to help you? ๐Ÿ˜‰

tphmedia Friend

http://174.121.38.62/~profroof

Same as the original poster. Want to move the menu up to the same line as the logo. See attached.

1. Menu
    swissa Friend

If you don’t want the search box and the top menรผ please unpublish them in module manager. Then it leaves more room to see and doesn’t complicate matters.

Merci

tphmedia Friend

Unpublished!

lefevre Friend

Ok, with Orisite template, it was easy to make menu on same line as logo. You have to modify two files in order to do it. Make sure you save original copy before you modify just in case you need to revert to the original.

1. Modify header.php file which can be found at ja_orisite/blocks/header.php. I rearranged everything after line 31, so delete everything after line 31. Here is the code you need to place after line 31:

<?php if($this->countModules('topmenu') || $this->countModules('search') ) : ?>
    <div id="ja-topmenu">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="topmenu" />
    <?php if($this->countModules('search') ) : ?>
    <div id="ja-search">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="search" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if (($jamenu = $this->loadMenu())) : ?>
    <div id="ja-mainnav" class="clearfix">
    <?php $jamenu->genMenu (); ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif;?>

<?php if($this->countModules('shoppingcart')) : ?>
    <div id="ja-shoppingcart">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="shoppingcart" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

Save & upload.

2. The second file you need to modify requires you to go into Joomla itself. If you don’t modify this layout, you will have two mainnav bars displayed. This second part deletes the extra menu. So login and go to Extensions>Template Manager>JA_Orisite> Select “Layouts” tab.

1. Click “Clone” for the “Default” layout. Name it something if you don’t want it to be called “default-copy”. Hit Ok.
    2. In the newly cloned default layout, use “Edit” action and delete line 9 that lists this block
    <block name="mainnav" type="mainnav"></block>
    3. Click “Save” to save the file.
    4. Click “Save” in top right hand corner to save again.
    5. Now to activate the layout, you have to go to the “Profiles” tab. Once in the tab, scroll to last setting called “Layout Settings”. For “Desktop Layout”, select your newly created layout from the drop-down select field.
    6. Click “Save” in top right hand corner to save your selection.

This should do it!

Good luck!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lefevre 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum