Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

How can I create new menu item with the type "vLayout – Blog"?

Do you installed a quickstart version ?

Could you share a temp super user account to your backend ? i tried to replicate it on my local but i cannot see any problem.

baijianpeng Friend

Yes , I built the test website with JA University quickstart.

I made further tests, it seems that for some categories, I can choose "vLayout – Blog" , but for the category with ID "80" (sorry I forgot the category title since I had chnaged that title but the ID number is the same as original demo data).

Could you please make a test with this category:

1. edit the category with ID "80" to make it as the "root level category";
    2. change it category title;
    3. create a new menu item on "Mainmenu", as second level (submenu) , select the type as "vLayout – Blog", choose category as this ID=80 category;
    4. save this new menu item.
    5. open this menu item at frontend.

You can see my example here:

http://234783.vhost355.cloudvhost.cn/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=ja_university_t3:eblog%20&id=80&Itemid=162

How to get to this URL with menu? Just click first level menu item “关于微想”, then click its submenu “合作伙伴”.

Thank you.

pavit Moderator
    1. edit the category with ID "80" to make it as the "root level category";
    2. change it category title;
    3. create a new menu item on "Mainmenu", as second level (submenu) , select the type as "vLayout – Blog", choose category as this ID=80 category;
    4. save this new menu item.
    5. open this menu item at frontend.

I followed this order trying to replicate issue but it works like a charm on my local installation

as you can see from images below

1. Screenshot-at-ago-10-18-08-16
    2. Screenshot-at-ago-10-18-09-03
    3. Screenshot-at-ago-10-18-09-52
    4. Screenshot-at-ago-10-18-10-19
    baijianpeng Friend

Ok, I will try again.

Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  baijianpeng 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum