Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

How do I adjust image quality of resized images? I have needed to do this before a few years back but I forgot how.

tfosnom Friend

depends on the original image size, type (jpg.png.gif)
    TIP:

If you know the resized image size make that graphic originally that size, reasoning it will no longer resize and deteriorate; if an image is a jpg it is a ‘lossy’ format every time its resized it generally then appears at 80 % of original resolution, that is: resize the original that is usually an 80 quality of first original and you are getting 80 % of 80 percent resize further and you have 80% of each subsequent reduction in quality.

gif & png, tiff don’t have this problem. The best practice to ensure as much as possible the browser or joomla rendering process does NOT need to resize graphics, spend time making images the required size saves heaps on load times.

Hope this assists
    Shannon

petermjjh Friend

I am looking for the place to change that 80 value to a more suitable number such as 90.

tfosnom Friend

There is no where in Joomla etc to adjust the conmpression ratio. This is done in your image creation software such as Photoshop or Fireworks Gimp etc.

If you have one of those programs load the image into it, chose export image and then you get many options and choices onwhat format to use adjustments such as you need etc.
    Blessings Shannon

petermjjh Friend

<em>@tfosnom 341798 wrote:</em><blockquote>There is no where in Joomla etc to adjust the conmpression ratio. This is done in your image creation software such as Photoshop or Fireworks Gimp etc.

If you have one of those programs load the image into it, chose export image and then you get many options and choices onwhat format to use adjustments such as you need etc.
    Blessings Shannon</blockquote>

I think you misunderstand my problem. I am talking about thumbnail creation. That is done server side. We can leave the thread open until I figure out where it is or someone else chimes in. Thanks for your help.

Stork11 Friend

<em>@petermjjh 341743 wrote:</em><blockquote>How do I adjust image quality of resized images? I have needed to do this before a few years back but I forgot how.</blockquote>
    Hello petermjjh,

Which JA extension on JA Rasite do you want to adjust the image quality?

Regards.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum