Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I’m looking at the blog layout and to the right it has the date/time and administrator in a different format. How do I configure my blog so it looks like that? I have said yes to show date and time but it goes under my title of the article and looks nothing like the blog format.

Thanks!

John Wesley Brett Moderator

We’d like to see a live URL of what you are seeing.

This is a bug that has been reported which causes long month names to drop down the next line due to a spacing issue. This is being worked on and should be fixed in an upcoming release.

If this is your issue, we apologize and know that we are working on it.

John.

satyrical Friend

My URL is not live yet sorry. But to show you what I am trying to do is create the same format as it is here where it shows date author and time:

http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#templates.joomlart.com/ja_ores

where it says 09|March 2010

on my website it is just the normal format :
    Thursday, 06 May 2010 01:50

wogand Friend

got the same problem too and I am not talking about the long months thing.
    Although I did the layout override my dates are shown normal. Could it have anything to do with the removal of K2 and some K2 module folders?

Saguaros Moderator

Dear all!

Pls explain the issue in detail: which section layout, article layout or k2 layout do you like to make style same as the Blog layout?

Or You only apply blog layout for the Category Layout, if it is true, you only use the Page Layouts Overwrite parameter
    <blockquote>
    : Page Layouts Overwrite: Assign specific layout for component content of Category ID in templatesja_oreshtmlcom_content.

Input the quote into Page Layouts Overwrite:
    Quote:
    109=blog
    23=blog
    Page item ID 109 is assigned Blog Layout. Check it out on demo site:
    </blockquote>

Thanks

wogand Friend

trying to use the blog layout for a specific category. there are alot of files in templatesja_oreshtmlcom_content.
    so what do you expect me to do there?

Wogand…
    Depending how long you are into the development of the site, have your simply reconsidered starting over? Backing up your database, images, etc…and just starting fresh with a new QuickStart instance?

From experience, trying to pick through the remains of a previous theme, component, module, to try and make a new idea flourish is often very frustrating.

To my way of thinking starting fresh is often a good idea.
    Just an idea.
    John.

satyrical Friend

personally I have never been able to get the quickstart to work. Anyway if you figure this out please let me know!

wogand Friend

Thanks John, I am unfortunately quite far in the development process so starting over would be a waste of time and money. It’s still not showing the date as it should be but I guess I must accept it for now.

Can you provide a URL (public or private) so that we may look at the issue?

Thanks,
    John.

infectedweb Friend

I think i have the same Problem. If i add a blog , the date and time looks not like this:

http://www.infected-web.de/1.jpeg

it looks always like this:

http://www.infected-web.de/2.jpeg

laurentg Friend

Up !

I have the same problem (http://www.tamento.com/index.php/News/)

Any idea how to make it look like the demo template ?

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Dear laurentg!

Here is the solution, pls access the menu and try to configure for all parameters inside the component parameters groups same as my snapshot

Goodluck

laurentg Friend

Thank you for this but my question was about the blog !
    Do tyou suggest we use the slideshow module instead of the blog layout ?

Sherlock Friend

Hi laurentg,

Please accessing the setting section for this template,you will see the “Page Layouts Overwrite” box
    In here you can add something like this
    109=blog

Above is just an example, Notice that 109 here is the itemid of the section that you want to apply blog layout for it.

I hope you understand this explanation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum