Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I developed and built a sit using JA travel and Joomla 1.7.3 The site is live here

I now want to bring it up to date, so I’ve taken a backup and have it locally in MAMP. You’ll see that I’ve created a custom profile and theme which I have applied to all pages, called haseltine_theme.

I’ve followed the instructions at this page as follows:

Upgrade steps :

Take complete site backup.
    Update Joomla 1.7 to 2.5.x following recommended methods by joomla.org.
    Update JA Extensions Manager Component to latest version. (downloads available in all the above template’s download folders).
    Update JA T3 Framework Plugin to the latest version.
    Check template download folder for updated complimentary extensions and update the same one by one.
    View the comparison between versions at JoomlArt Version Updates and replace the affected files, if you have not customized the affected files.
    RECOMMENDED : Use JA extension Manager Component for upgrade. Watch video for how to upgrade using JAEM.

I have completed all the steps which seem to have gone OK. My custom theme files are available at templates/ja_travel/local/themes/haseltine_theme in the 2.5 MAMP installation

However, The site front end has lost my custom theme/styling. In the template manager, my custom theme and profile are not listed. How do I reimport or copy across my custom theme and profile during the update process so that it can be applied to all the site pages again?

Appreciate some help here.

1. Screen-Shot-2012-03-13-at-10.58.42
    2. Screen-Shot-2012-03-13-at-10.58.56
    TomC Moderator

<em>@dozza 307174 wrote:</em><blockquote>However, The site front end has lost my custom theme/styling. In the template manager, my custom theme and profile are not listed. How do I reimport or copy across my custom theme and profile during the update process so that it can be applied to all the site pages again?Appreciate some help here.</blockquote>
    Should you not be able to copy the custom theme files from your back-up and integrate them into your newly updated site?

In other words, do you remember how you created your custom theme previously? I would think you would be able to follow-the same steps – albeit this time you already have the custom code you already wrote that you can simply “cut-and-paste”

dozza Friend

<em>@TomC 307229 wrote:</em><blockquote>Should you not be able to copy the custom theme files from your back-up and integrate them into your newly updated site?”</blockquote>

Yes you should, but this part SHOULD also be automatic, i would have though and did think.

I don’t want to have to remember how I created the theme, that’s why I created a custom theme.

Is there an official position on this from Joomlart?

My custom theme files images/css etc are still in the same location in the joomla installation so why is it not seeing these any more?

How do I use this ‘Upload Package File’ ? What is package file, what does it contain and what file format is it? .zip?

UPDATE:
    I’ve just been comparing 1.7 template with 2.5 template.The colour themes in 1.7 template used to be in

ja_travel/core/themes

and the custom colour themes were in

ja_travel/local/themes

In 2.5 template the colour themes are now in

ja_travel.v2.5.0/themes

the core folder is no longer used?

So where do the custom themes now go?

UPDATE 2:

So i’ve answered my own question.

Tom, in reply to your question:

“Should you not be able to copy the custom theme files from your back-up and integrate them into your newly updated site?”

Yes you should, and you do this by moving them from

ja_travel/local/themes/my_custom_colour_theme

to

ja_travel.v2.5.0/themes/my_custom_colour_theme

Your theme will now be available in the template themes tab in back-end, and I have to assume that Local themes are no longer supported?

Can someone please confirm this, and how we preserve our theme when a template upgrade is released.

realef Friend

Hi,
    your question is really interesting… Now I’m working with Ja-travel in a project on local but I just have the same trouble with another site made with beez20.
    Everytime the template upgrade the next joomla version, many changes to my site as the logo or the layout or the favicon…

I think to know the solution also if I’m still not able to use it, I speak about the “override”.

We have to override the template and no changes when upgrade. I don’t know how but if you’re not novice as me, you can resolve the trouble.

Sorry about my english.

lamvt Friend

Hello Dominic,
    in this case must to depeding on your old custome template and copy Css files to New Template installed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lamvt 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum