Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am trying to reduce the space between the module positions on the pages.

1. I found the location to reduce the space between the modules for above below in the templates.css but I want to find the specific location to change the space between the modules horizontal? Any suggestions appreciated.

main body <——-> Left module <———-> right module

Here is a screencast video of where I am trying to reduce the blank space between the modules on the page:

http://screencast.com/t/IW14dY7Oi

If you have an answer or can point me to the thread that shows me where to reduce the space between various modules in JA Social it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance. I am still getting used to the structure of the JA template framework.

Randy McCallum
    ChamberAnswers.com

joomlageeks Friend

For reducing space between top menu and tabs, locate the below line in templates/ja_social/css/template.css

<blockquote>#ja-container .main { padding: 20px 0 0; }</blockquote>

change this to

<blockquote>#ja-container .main { padding: 5px 0 0; }</blockquote>

I will find the solution for other space reduction questions too and add in the next post.

joomlageeks Friend

For reducing the space between Open Questions and Latest Questions module, please add the below lines at the end of templates/ja_social/css/layout.css.

<blockquote>div.module {
    margin-right: 5px;
    margin-left: 0;
    }</blockquote>

If this does not work, can you please provide your website URL so that we can help you with the exact file and line numbers to be altered.

exploreyourtrail Friend

Joomlageeks,

I very much appreciate your efforts to assist me. I will make the changes you suggest.

Thanks again for your help.

Randy McCallum
    ExploreYourTrail.com

exploreyourtrail Friend

Joomlageeks,

This is great. We want to make sure there is not too much wasted blank space so iPad and tablet users and iPhone users get the best experience.

Thanks again for your help.

Randy McCallum
    ExploreYourTrail.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  exploreyourtrail 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum