Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello, how can I make the buttons in the Hero module open in a new window?
    Some of the call to actions I want to open a website in a different window; some of them I want to open in the same window.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @infinart,

May I know your site url first so I can provide you the solution that suite your need most ?

infinart Friend

Sure: http://www.sceintology dot org.au

Adam M Moderator

Hi @infinart,

You can navigate to root_foldertemplatesuberacmherotmpl and make a copy of file style-1.php then rename it to style-9.php. Open file style-9.php you will see 2 a tags look like this :

<a href

just update both of them, add attribute target as below :

<a target="_blank" href

Now if you want the button open in same window, use style-1 and style-9 for button that you want to open in new window instead.

infinart Friend

Hi, I tried this but it didn’t work.

I replaced:

<a href="<?php echo trim($btnFirstLink); ?>" title="<?php echo trim($btnFirstText); ?>" class="btn btn-primary btn-rounded"><?php echo trim($btnFirstText); ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if( trim($btnSecondLink)) :?>
    <a href="<?php echo trim($btnSecondLink); ?>" title="<?php echo trim($btnSecondText); ?>" class="btn btn-rounded btn-border"><?php echo trim($btnSecondText); ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

WITH:

<a target="_blank" href="<?php echo trim($btnFirstLink); ?>" title="<?php echo trim($btnFirstText); ?>" class="btn btn-primary btn-rounded"><?php echo trim($btnFirstText); ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

<a target="_blank" href"<?php echo trim($btnSecondLink); ?>" title="<?php echo trim($btnSecondText); ?>" class="btn btn-rounded btn-border"><?php echo trim($btnSecondText); ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

And selectet “style=9” in the module: SCIENTOLOGY: A DECADE OF GREAT EXPANSION

Is this correct?

infinart Friend

I replaced:

<a href="<?php echo trim($btnFirstLink); ?>" title="<?php echo trim($btnFirstText); ?>" class="btn btn-primary btn-rounded"><?php echo trim($btnFirstText); ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

<a href="<?php echo trim($btnSecondLink); ?>" title="<?php echo trim($btnSecondText); ?>" class="btn btn-rounded btn-border"><?php echo trim($btnSecondText); ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

WITH:

<a target="_blank" href="<?php echo trim($btnFirstLink); ?>" title="<?php echo trim($btnFirstText); ?>" class="btn btn-primary btn-rounded"><?php echo trim($btnFirstText); ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

<a target="_blank" href"<?php echo trim($btnSecondLink); ?>" title="<?php echo trim($btnSecondText); ?>" class="btn btn-rounded btn-border"><?php echo trim($btnSecondText); ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

Is this correct?

infinart Friend

I replaced:

<?php endif; ?>

<?php endif; ?>

WITH:

<?php endif; ?>

<?php endif; ?>

Is this correct?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @infinart,

Please provide your site url and temporary admin / FTP account via private reply, I will update the code for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  infinart 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum