Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

As a premise to my question, I think it is fair to say and assume that MOST of us obtain inspiration from, and in many ways imitate elements of, other website we see. So long as such ideas/imitations do not cross the line of being an “exact clone” from home page to checkout, I don’t necessarily see a problem with utilizing ideas/elements from other sites into one’s own project (so long as it’s not violating any relative copyright or intellectual property laws).

That being said – and believing that widely available font families are not within the realm of “intellectual property” for any given site – I am wanting to try to “duplicate” a font effect for the main navigation of my Kyanite based site, but have been having some difficulty doing so.

The font effect I am trying to duplicate is the one used in this WordPress template’s main navigation menu . . . http://elegantthemes.com/preview/eStore/

When I try to inspect the template using Firebug, I’m seeing the following references . . . .

element.style {
    text-indent:0;

}

.cufon-enabled #featured span.tag, .cufon-enabled h3#deals-title, .cufon-enabled #content span.tag, .cufon-enabled h4.widgettitle, .cufon-enabled ul#secondary-menu li a strong, .cufon-enabled span.price-single, .cufon-enabled .addto-cart, .cufon-enabled .wp-pagenavi span.current, .cufon-enabled .wp-pagenavi a.page, .cufon-enabled .description h2.title, .cufon-enabled .item-content h4, .cufon-enabled .product h3, .cufon-enabled .post h1, .cufon-enabled .post h2, .cufon-enabled .post h3, .cufon-enabled .post h4, .cufon-enabled post h5, .cufon-enabled .post h6, .cufon-enabled .related-items span {
    text-indent:-9999px;

}
    style.css (line 391)
    ul#secondary-menu li a strong {
    color:#FFFFFF;
    display:block;
    font-size:20px;
    font-weight:normal;
    margin-bottom:-3px;
    text-shadow:1px 1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
    text-transform:uppercase;

Does anyone know how I might achieve this same font in my Kyanite navigation?

Also, what is “cufon-enabled?”

THANKS !!!

Menalto Friend

first you need to add Cufon.js to your site(template), then you need to find the font you want to use and generate a cufong font file and add to your site(template), then finally find which elements you want to enable cufon fonts on, in this case its span.menu-title.

Menalto Friend

I forgot, if you need more indeep information on how to do it let me know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Menalto 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum