Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

How does one activate Megamenu capacity in the Top Navigation menu?

I’ve adjusted settings in the same manner as the Main Menu, which functions as a Megamenu, but the Top Navigation menu refuses to change from anything other than a regular menu.

TomC Moderator

Check the settings within your Template Manager

sobe Friend

I have. I’ve even reinstalled the quickstart template, and activated Megamenu for Top Navigation, but it has no effect.

Is it supposed to work, or is there a bug, or is there some additional coding required?

Saguaros Moderator

Sorry that Tom may not understand this template correctly as this Top menu is not configured via Template manager.

Actually, the megamenu is applied to the main menu (below the logo party) only, there is a menu module helps to display the Top Navigation, you can check its settings via Backend > Extensions > Module manager > find module called Topnav in topbar-l position. http://prntscr.com/85w3ts

Saguaros Moderator

Actually, the megamenu is applied to the main menu (below the logo party) only, there is a menu module helps to display the Top Navigation, you can check its settings via Backend > Extensions > Module manager > find module called Topnav in topbar-l position. http://prntscr.com/85w3ts

sobe Friend

Thanks. I found the menu-module, but couldn’t find any way to make it function as a mega-menu.

How do I get the top menu to function like a mega-menu?

Saguaros Moderator

You will need to customize a bit to achieve it, pls check out this tips: http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-customization#multi-instance-megamenu

sobe Friend

Thanks Saguaros. I customized as the link instructed, and was indeed able to make the menu function as a mega-menu. Unfortunately, the whole top-menu layout changed and took on the look of the mainmenu.

Is there a way to add the megamenu function and keep the look of topmenu the same?

sobe Friend

Thanks Saguaros. I customized as the link instructed, and was indeed able to make the menu function as a mega-menu. Unfortunately, the whole top-menu layout changed and took on the look of the mainmenu.

Is there a way to add the megamenu function and keep the look of topmenu the same?

Saguaros Moderator

It will require customisation on CSS styling for that menu, try to use Firebug editor, it will help much.

Saguaros Moderator

It will require customisation on CSS styling for that menu, try to use Firebug editor, it will help much.

sobe Friend

Hi Saguaros,
    Following your suggestion, I’ve been using Firebug editor, but without much luck.

1st question: What’s the difference and benefits of Firebug over the standard “Inspect Element” browser function? I’ve yet to see any major difference.

2nd question, regarding thread topic: The top-menu and main-menu seem to have multiple and different places/names controlling their css, making it very difficult to find all their relative characteristics. Is there a more proper location or an easier way to simply “cut-and-paste” the right code from the one menu to another?

Thanks

sobe Friend

Hi Saguaros,
    Following your suggestion, I’ve been using Firebug editor, but without much luck.

1st question: What’s the difference and benefits of Firebug over the standard “Inspect Element” browser function? I’ve yet to see any major difference.

2nd question, regarding thread topic: The top-menu and main-menu seem to have multiple and different places/names controlling their css, making it very difficult to find all their relative characteristics. Is there a more proper location or an easier way to simply “cut-and-paste” the right code from the one menu to another?

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

It depends on the browser, ppl often use Firebug in Firefox browser and if they’re more familiar with Chrome, they will use Inpsect Element, you can google it for more info.

It must be confirmed that this is custom work, you can use Firebug and see which classes are used for the main menu and how they are declared with css style and apply it to the class used in top menu.

Saguaros Moderator

It depends on the browser, ppl often use Firebug in Firefox browser and if they’re more familiar with Chrome, they will use Inpsect Element, you can google it for more info.

It must be confirmed that this is custom work, you can use Firebug and see which classes are used for the main menu and how they are declared with css style and apply it to the class used in top menu.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum