Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

HI,

is there an official way to add a “Login with Facebook” button to the JA-Login module ?

I use Facebook Connect on my Jomsocial installation and I would like my site to be highly integrated with Facebook so wherever I display a login/register button I would also like to display a Login with Facebook button.

In particular, in my JA Social template I use the JA Login module in the JA Login position (the top right one, to be clear) : when the user clicks on the “Login” link (or the link “Create a new account”), the form displayed must also show the “Login with Facebook” button.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

TomC Moderator

Greetings:

You can find a pretty decent list of extensions for this HERE[/url] (Joomla Extensions Directory).

I am sure there is a way to integrate this into our JA Login module – though I am not certain of the correct modification needed.
    Will work on this with the JA Devs.

GOOD SUGGESTION !!!

magimax Friend

Thanks for the suggestion to use an extension: I see that JFBConnect is the most popular.
    Do you know if it works with JA Login ?

Thanks.

cohibadad Friend

This is exactly the question I was going to ask. I would like the JFBConnect Login with Facebook button next to the JA Login/Create Account or in the Create account drop down so that it appears on the top of all pages. I was going to try placing the {JFBCLogin} in various places and see what happens but someone must have already gotten this to work I assume?

If placed in the Pre or post text JA Login module boxes it shows up at the top or bottom of the Login drop down box.

Thanks. Love JA

magimax Friend

We had a lot of problems getting JA Login and JFBConnect to work. It seems that JA Login caches some data that JFBConnect uses to login.

So I had to disable it.

For your solution, it might be the case to implement JFBConnect straight into the code.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  magimax 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum