Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

How do I add new <div> positions to a J1.5 template?

Also, what happened to the “View Inline with Positions” option within the Control Panel?

Menalto Friend

Where and what do yo gonna put in that div?

Extensions>Template Manager, pick the template and press Edit, there on top right you have a nice button called Preview you can press on to get a look of the template

TomC Moderator

Yes, you can look at the template, but it’s the actual site – not like the J 1.0.x “View Inline With Positions” option where it displayed only the div containers of the template. I want to add a position – that will be a custom-mod – within the header section. With the previous “View Inline with Positions” option, you could make sure that your changes worked, because the div container would be there.

Is it a matter of simply adding a <position>module</position> in order in the xml file,
    and then styling it with a corresponding css rule?

swissvista Friend

on front end you can add this: ?tp=1
    http://edenite.in2globus.com/index.php?tp=1
    http://www.yoursite.com/?tp=1

as you can see there is no position for Login, do you know how to insert it ?

TomC Moderator

That’s a neat little trick.

I’m still trying to figure out how to add positions in a J1.5 template.

:((

TomC Moderator

anyone ??

anyone ??

bueller ??

bueller ??

:((

Menalto Friend

Just a quick one here for ya.
    This code here will add a module position called “tcraw” to the template with no styling.

<?php if ($this->countModules('tcraw')) { ?>
    <div id="ja-menalto">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="tcraw" style="raw"/>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

This you can place anywhere in the index.php, but the final result will depends on where you place it and this here which you
    should add into the css file of the template:

#ja-menalto {
    width: 500px;
    height: 100px;
    }

The above css will give you a module that is 500px wide and 100px high.
    This css will give you a module that is same width and height as above, but this have a margin on 10px around on all 4 sides:

#ja-menalto {
    width: 500px;
    height: 100px;
    margin: 10px;
    }

I could continue here for the rest of the day,week,month to explain about the css and what you can do about it, but you got some
    quick steps to try out.

TomC Moderator

So then, it is essentially the same as it was in Joomla 1.0.x, right?

That’s what I was trying to figure out. I thought I had read somewhere that there was something different one had to do within the xml file to add a position within a J1.5 template. If this isn’t the case, then I’m all set.

Menalto Friend

You also need to add
    <position>tcraw</position>
    into the xml file, but you can see there is a few changes in the code.

TomC Moderator

Okay, I feel better now . . . I thought it might be a whole new whacky 1.5 process.

:p

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 16 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum