Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

how to add ja purity glossary layout into ja magz?

TomC Moderator

<em>@pankajsharma21 415815 wrote:</em><blockquote>how to add ja purity glossary layout into ja magz?</blockquote>

Are you a registered member/purchaser of JA Magz?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

need information about it

Saguaros Moderator

Yes, it’s possible.

In order to get glossary layout (as well as other layouts) work on other templates alike Purity III template, following requirements should be met:

– Joomla 3.x
    – The template must use T3 Framework (the latest version)
    – The template should use base-bs3 (bootstrap 3). Otherwise, you must customize layout & less files to make it work with bootstrap 2.

JA Magz uses T3 framework with bootstrap 2, therefore you need more work to make the layout work well.

Here are some quick steps to bring glossary layout into other T3 templates:

1. Copy files/folders in templates/purity_iii for glossary layout into your template

2. Create a Joomla com_content category to store glossary articles

3. Create glossary articles in the new category

4. Create a menu item with type “Articles – xLayout Glossary”, assign the new category for this menu item.

5. Recompile less to css to build css file glossary layout.

6. In template manager, enable layout_glossary for the new menu item in tab “Addons”

If your template use bootstrap 2, you may need customize markup and css in last 3 files in step 1.

Hope this makes sense.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

@saguaros
    thanks

hbf1000 Friend

I was missing step 6 … tks !

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@hbf1000 441402 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was missing step 6 … tks !</blockquote>

Above are the suggestions , may be working may be not , as its a pretty heavy custom work , so let us know if its working for you, we are happy to share the solution for other users 🙂

baud Friend

I think I followed steps 1.-5. correctly, however, when I go to the Add-on tab I find nothing about the glossary. When I click on my glossary menu link in the frontend I end up with the following error message:

Warning: require_once(/var/www/xx/templates/uber/helper.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/xx/templates/uber/html/com_content/category/glossary.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/var/www/xx/templates/uber/helper.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/php/5.6.6/share/pear’) in /var/www/xx/templates/uber/html/com_content/category/glossary.php on line 12

Any ideas – what could be wrong?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi @baud,

Uber template is totally different from Purity III/ JA Magz, you will need to customize to use that glossary layout from Purity III template

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum