Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

how can i add a position to top2 that is in picture?

1. top2
    alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

If you are asking about how to place a module on top-2 position, please have a look at this comprehensive tutorial.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alex

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@fturkmen 422336 wrote:</em><blockquote>how can i add a position to top2 that is in picture?</blockquote>

To add the module positions go to templatesja_magz/templateDetails.xml

add the position top-2

<position>top-2</position>

after the line 72 .

Hope it helps 🙂

fturkmen Friend

for top2 there is no position that assigned. when i want to show any module on there i can’t see it on position list.

fturkmen Friend

<em>@pankajsharma 422341 wrote:</em><blockquote>To add the module positions go to templatesja_magz/templateDetails.xml

add the position top-2

after the line 72 .

Hope it helps :)</blockquote>

it is ok. thank you pankajsharma

alexsmirnov Friend

<em>@fturkmen 422342 wrote:</em><blockquote>for top2 … when i want to show any module on there i can’t see it on position list.</blockquote>

You don’t see top2 in the list of positions because the position is actually “top-2”, not “top2”.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex

alexsmirnov Friend

<em>@pankajsharma 422341 wrote:</em><blockquote>To add the module positions go to templatesja_magz/templateDetails.xml

add the position top-2

</blockquote>

1) There is no need to create already existing position “top-2”. Please have a look at the topic starter screenshot in first post where it is clearly seen in the right hand side top corner.

2) Simply adding a custom position into templateDetails.xml doesn’t help if this new custom position doesn’t exist in the index.php.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@alexsmirnov 422347 wrote:</em><blockquote>1) There is no need to create already existing position “top-2”. Please have a look at the topic starter screenshot in first post where it is clearly seen in the right hand side top corner.

2) Simply adding a custom position into templateDetails.xml doesn’t help if this new custom position doesn’t exist in the index.php.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex</blockquote>

Please check the TemplateDetails.xml file
    the top-2 position was not there .

hope it helps
    🙂

fturkmen Friend

<em>@alexsmirnov 422346 wrote:</em><blockquote>You don’t see top2 in the list of positions because the position is actually “top-2”, not “top2”.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex</blockquote>

sorry i want to write top-2, i forgot –

fturkmen Friend

<em>@pankajsharma 422349 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please check the TemplateDetails.xml file
    the top-2 position was not there .

hope it helps
    :)</blockquote>

it is true that there is not top-2 position in TemplateDetails.xml file

fturkmen Friend

<em>@fturkmen 422343 wrote:</em><blockquote>it is ok. thank you pankajsharma</blockquote>

but now when i add a module to top-2 position, it comes in front of mainnav..

1. responsive-layout
    2. Untitled-3
    alexsmirnov Friend

@fturkmen,

To assign position “top-2” on Joomla 3/JA Magz, simply type in by hand “top-2” (without quotes) into the “Position” field:

Your module (“Archived Articles” in my example) will be nicely placed precisely into the “top-2” position:

Once again, there is no need to touch the .xml file whatsoever.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Alex

1. typing_top-2_into_position_field
    2. enjoy_the_result
    fturkmen Friend

<em>@alexsmirnov 422356 wrote:</em><blockquote>@fturkmen,

To assign position “top-2” on Joomla 3/JA Magz, simply type in by hand “top-2” (without quotes) into the “Position” field:

Your module (“Archived Articles” in my example) will be nicely placed precisely into the “top-2” position:

Once again, there is no need to touch the .xml file whatsoever.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Alex</blockquote>

i try to type my hand first but it doesn’t works before.. and my problem is going.

1. responsive-layout
    2. Untitled-3
    alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Judging by your screenshot, you are trying to type in the “top-2” into a wrong place.

Please go to Extensions -> Module Manager:

In the list of modules find the module that you would like to place in “top-2” position and click on its name. In response to your click on your module name, the “Module Manager: <Your Module Name>” (“Banners” on my screenshot) page will open up to you:

Please have a look at the right hand side of the page and find the “Position” label and its field underneath it, in which field your should see “Type or Select a Position”. Type in “top-2”, click “Enter” and Save or Save&Close.

Now go to your site frontend, click F5 key to refresh your frontpage and test it. You should now see your module positioned inside the “top-2” position.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex

1. module_manager
    2. type_or_select_position
    fturkmen Friend

i found problem. i use in custom.css these codes :

.top-header {
    background: #0E0E0D
    border-bottom: solid 2px #EFF81B }
    .ja-healineswrap em {
    color: #fff
    }
    ja-headlines-item a {
    color: #fff
    }

.top-header {height: 5px;}

when i delete , positions are ok. but i need these codes for my this thread. what can you say about this problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fturkmen 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum