Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

cbc575,

You wrote when you reported Tom’s post

<blockquote> Why is that some support people tend to respond with a tangent if they are given all
    the basic information from the beginning? Clearly they don’t even read the message
    nor see the files attached. </blockquote>

We usually ask to see peoples site when diagnosing problems for a number of reasons. Sometimes we are not working from a location where we have that particular template available but the main reason is because we do not know what modifications you may have already made. It would be very remiss if we suggested a code change which then caused you to loose any hard work you may have already put in. In your case, you asked a question but did not say whether you were using the quickstart or whether it had not been modified hence Tom requesting a link to your site.

As your request is a custom modification please be aware this is outside the standard support scope. We try our best to help but it may not always be possible depending on how complex a requested modification is. Hopefully yours will be simple. Joomlart do also offer custom services for more complex modifications and the like, you can find the details here – https://www.joomlart.com/joomlart/custom-service

TomC Moderator

It’s disappointing when some people don’t seem to understand when we are trying to HELP them. :((

Phill Moderator

<em>@TomC 474646 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s disappointing when some people don’t seem to understand when we are trying to HELP them. :((</blockquote>

I think it is more frustration Tom. When something goes wrong or when you are working hard on a project all you can think about is your goal. When something seemingly simple gets in the way and you think you have asked all the right questions for help it adds to that sense.

cbc575 Friend

Thank you for your kind response, but I’m a bit confused, what do you mean with “please be aware this is outside the standard support scope” and where do we cross the line from what you offer as a standard on your advertisement while selling the memberships. You need to clarify that, and not just for me, but for every one, because I don’t se my questions much than the rest and as users we don’t like fall in this type “mistakes”.

On the other hand, I don’t believe I’m requesting anything complex at all, and I know that because you already have it. On the Quickstart Cagox Simple Page (with sample info installed) the product tabs are in the center and on the Home Page they are on the left, and I would like to have them on the middle as well. Is this something that qualifies as complex for your standards…?

I know you have an additional source of income developing special projects and I don’t intend to pay for one at this time or to get a free ride, however I’m just using the support that you offered when I subscribed to your service. That’s all.

Thank you.

Phill Moderator

<em>@cbc575 474657 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you for your kind response, but I’m a bit confused, what do you mean with “please be aware this is outside the standard support scope” and where do we cross the line from what you offer as a standard on your advertisement while selling the memberships. You need to clarify that, and not just for me, but for every one, because I don’t se my questions much than the rest and as users we don’t like fall in this type “mistakes”.

On the other hand, I don’t believe I’m requesting anything complex at all, and I know that because you already have it. On the Quickstart Cagox Simple Page (with sample info installed) the product tabs are in the center and on the Home Page they are on the left, and I would like to have them on the middle as well. Is this something that qualifies as complex for your standards…?

I know you have an additional source of income developing special projects and I don’t intend to pay for one at this time or to get a free ride, however I’m just using the support that you offered when I subscribed to your service. That’s all.

Thank you.</blockquote>

The standard support is to solve issues related to the function of a template or extension. So if a fault is detected, an incompatibility, conflict or the like. Modifications to change the functionality of an extension do fall outside that. I’m not saying that you will not get help, in most cases we do try our best and go way beyond what most template clubs consider standard. In the past we have even created new themes and much more. In addition, we also have a very knowledgeable community here who often drop by with code changes and other help. JA would like that to continue.
    Onto your case, I personally am unable to look at it right now as I am travelling with nothing but an iPhone to assist. It may be a simple CSS edit that is required here but I fear that in this case it may require some more extensive code changes. It may even be a configuration option. As I said, I am unable to check. If the code change is simple I am sure Tom or one of the team will be more than happy to advise.

cbc575 Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 474669 wrote:</em><blockquote>The standard support is to solve issues related to the function of a template or extension. So if a fault is detected, an incompatibility, conflict or the like. Modifications to change the functionality of an extension do fall outside that. I’m not saying that you will not get help, in most cases we do try our best and go way beyond what most template clubs consider standard. In the past we have even created new themes and much more. In addition, we also have a very knowledgeable community here who often drop by with code changes and other help. JA would like that to continue.
    Onto your case, I personally am unable to look at it right now as I am travelling with nothing but an iPhone to assist. It may be a simple CSS edit that is required here but I fear that in this case it may require some more extensive code changes. It may even be a configuration option. As I said, I am unable to check. If the code change is simple I am sure Tom or one of the team will be more than happy to advise.</blockquote>

Dear Phill, as I understand that on the ranking of priorities, questions like the ones I made are not on the higher levels, I do rather have a response requesting more time (like yours) than been asked a vague question intended to claim that “I was helped” but instead it just wasted my time. Any ways, long story short, the site is coming along well and I’m very satisfied with your product.

Thank you for your support.

Kind Regards,

TomC Moderator

<em>@cbc575 475761 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear Phill, as I understand that on the ranking of priorities, questions like the ones I made are not on the higher levels, I do rather have a response requesting more time (like yours) than been asked a vague question intended to claim that “I was helped” but instead it just wasted my time. Any ways, long story short, the site is coming along well and I’m very satisfied with your product.

Thank you for your support.

Kind Regards,</blockquote>

For the record, and with all due respect, . . . I posed follow-up questions to you toward trying to assist you – as I have done for many throughout several years here at/with JoomlArt. I understand your frustration and trepidations in not wanting to provide the requested information – but the fact of the matter is the questions I posed toward trying to assist you were both valid and specific.

I am glad to see/know that your site is coming along well . . . and I wish you all the best in your continuing site development. 🙂

cbc575 Friend

<em>@TomC 475766 wrote:</em><blockquote>For the record, and with all due respect, . . . I posed follow-up questions to you toward trying to assist you – as I have done for many throughout several years here at/with JoomlArt. I understand your frustration and trepidations in not wanting to provide the requested information – but the fact of the matter is the questions I posed toward trying to assist you were both valid and specific.

I am glad to see/know that your site is coming along well . . . and I wish you all the best in your continuing site development. :)</blockquote>

Dear @tom, thank you for clearing this up, I appreciate your good intentions, I do get frustrated from time to time but I guess that’s normal, the site is far from been done but is becoming a great satisfaction to see it live now.

Kind Regards,

cbc575 Friend

<em>@TomC 475766 wrote:</em><blockquote>For the record, and with all due respect, . . . I posed follow-up questions to you toward trying to assist you – as I have done for many throughout several years here at/with JoomlArt. I understand your frustration and trepidations in not wanting to provide the requested information – but the fact of the matter is the questions I posed toward trying to assist you were both valid and specific.

I am glad to see/know that your site is coming along well . . . and I wish you all the best in your continuing site development. :)</blockquote>

Dear @tom, thank you for clearing this up, I appreciate your good intentions, I do get frustrated from time to time but I guess that’s normal, the site is far from been done but is becoming a great satisfaction to see it live now.

Kind Regards,

cbc575 Friend

Getting back to business, how could I place the products in the middle, when I have less than 4 products under the category tab, right now they are on the left, Please see the attached file.

Thank you.

1. SH-2015.06.09-12.04.17-09
    cbc575 Friend

Getting back to business, how could I place the products in the middle, when I have less than 4 products under the category tab, right now they are on the left, Please see the attached file.

Thank you.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @cbc575,

Could you please provide the direct link to the page you’re getting this problem so I can check it for you ?

cbc575 Friend

<em>@Adam M 477508 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @cbc575,

Could you please provide the direct link to the page you’re getting this problem so I can check it for you ?</blockquote>

Dear Adam, I already sent you an email with the URL. Thank you.

cbc575 Friend

Could you please provide the direct link to the page you’re getting this problem so I can check it for you ?</blockquote>

cbc575 Friend

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

This topic contains 33 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum