Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi all,
    This might be a noob question :-* but I can’t figure out how to position the banner at the bottom of my main section. Our site: http://www.wycliffe.org.nz/new
    I’m using JA-Teline template – (love it :D)

I have the banner published to User 11
    It looks like its at the bottom on some pages but when you click on Publications you see that it sits up under the last entry.

Please help – I’ve been trying to sort this for a couple of days on and off.
    Thanks,
    Greg

TomC Moderator

Your banner position is behaving exactly as it should be – relative to the content within the area the banner module is positioned. The reason it looks like it is in a different (higher) position on the “publications” page is because you have less content on that page. (Notice how everything seems higher (and the page itself shorter) for that page). In fact, I took a look at your “About Us” page and it does the same thing.

It’s simply a matter of where the “banner” module is placed in relation to the content.

Perhaps you might try creating a new module and positioning it within the footer area.
    Do you know how to create new positions?

TOM

wbtnz Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 18687 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    It’s simply a matter of where the “banner” module is placed in relation to the content.
    Perhaps you might try creating a new module and positioning it within the footer area.
    Do you know how to create new positions?
    TOM</blockquote>

Thanks for the reply Tom.
    I do know how to create a new module but not sure if putting in the footer is the right thing to do.
    I’ve tried putting it in User 6 but dont like that look either.
    Why can’t it be forced to float to the bottom of the page???
    Greg

TomC Moderator

<em>@wbtnz 18712 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for the reply Tom.
    I do know how to create a new module but not sure if putting in the footer is the right thing to do.
    I’ve tried putting it in User 6 but dont like that look either.
    Why can’t it be forced to float to the bottom of the page???
    Greg</blockquote>

Unfortunately, I believe the only options for the “float” style is left or right.
    Such is one of the constraints of CSS web design.

You don’t necessarily need to put a banner module in the footer … but merely put it in that area within the code so that it can display as you want it to. Perhaps you can try an absolute and/or static position statement within your CSS.

wbtnz Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 18767 wrote:</em><blockquote>You don’t necessarily need to put a banner module in the footer … but merely put it in that area within the code so that it can display as you want it to. Perhaps you can try an absolute and/or static position statement within your CSS.</blockquote>

I am not a programmer so would need a little help with that. Could you point me in the right direction? I can edit the Template html and the css but need help with what code would do what I want.
    This is the code for the content section of the template (index.php)

<!– BEGIN: CONTENT –>
    <div id=”ja-content”>
    <div class=”innerpad”>
    <div id=”ja-current-content”>
    <?php
    global $mainframe, $option;
    $m_menu = $mainframe->get( “menu” );
    $m_params = new mosParameters( $m_menu->params );
    $m_intro = $m_params->def( “intro”, 4 );
    $m_leading = $m_params->def( “leading”, 1 );
    if ( $option != “com_frontpage” || $m_intro || $m_leading) {
    ?>
    <?php mosMainBody(); ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if ( mosCountModules(“ja-news”) ) { ?>
    <div id=”ja-newswrap”>
    <?php mosLoadModules ( “ja-news”, -1 ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>
    </div>
    <?php if ( mosCountModules(“banner”) ) { ?>
    <div class=”ja-banner”>
    <?php mosLoadModules ( “banner”, -1 ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if ( mosCountModules(“user11”) ) { ?>
    <div class=”ja-banner”>
    <?php mosLoadModules ( “user11”, -1 ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <!– END: CONTENT –>

Surely the <div id=”ja-content”> can be made to fill 100% of the height of the content section of the main page? I can do this with a <table> why not with a <div> & css??

Thanks,
    Greg

wbtnz Friend

Hi again,
    I also found this in the css:

/* PRIMARY COLUMN
    ——————————————————— */
    #ja-content {
    float: left;
    width: 60%;
    }
    #ja-content div.innerpad {
    clear: both;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 20px 15px 15px 0;
    display: block;
    height: 400px;
    }
    html>body #ja-content div.innerpad {
    height: auto;
    min-height: 400px;
    }

Can something be done with the css to make <div class-“ja-banner”> sit at the bottom of the <div id=”ja-content> ????
    Wish I knew more / some php!!
    Thanks,
    Greg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wbtnz 17 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum