Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi guys i’m having a little trouble in css modifications.

Using firebug, it seems that some elements are not defined in template directory under css but in T3assets. But it seems the these are temp files or something similar…

For example, to change logo width i need to open:
    csse73d0.css

is it right? can you help?

khoand Friend

Hi,
    To change logo width you need to open: /templates/ja_methys/css/template.css

lucaorlandini Friend

<em>@khoand 248663 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    To change logo width you need to open: /templates/ja_methys/css/template.css</blockquote>

Usually i’ll do in this way but in this case it doesn’t work.
    The file is changed but the logo width is still the same.

Maybe is There a cache system?
    When i analyze logo with firebug it says that logo is defined in the css i have wrote above.

khoand Friend

Clean Cache or Remove file in the cache

Phill Moderator

First go into the template manager and in the global tab near the bottom set css optimization to “No”. You will then be able to use Firebug in the normal way to find the correct css to change. Also make sure you clear all your caches including the JAT3 cache. The css file you mention is a compressed and cached file in the t3-assets folder which will be purged when you clear the JAT3 cache so we would not want to make changes there.

With some of the JAT3 based templates things do get a little complicated as you can have slightly different css for each colour variation but again, Firebug should help you locate those. If you run into problems just ask and we will do our best to help.

TomC Moderator

<em>@phill luckhurst 248678 wrote:</em><blockquote>First go into the template manager and in the global tab near the bottom set css optimization to “No”. You will then be able to use Firebug in the normal way to find the correct css to change. .</blockquote>

Beat me to the punch yet again, Phil – nice work !! 😉

I’ve seen this particular element/issue come up frequently since the implementation of the new T3 framework. It’s one of those “little details” where if one didn’t know to change this setting, trying to figure out where various style elements are via a great tool like Firebug becomes incredibly frustrating. Perhaps – for future template releases – this particular issue should be more clearly communicated – in bold – within the template details page.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum