Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I would like to change the background color of the megamenu on Teline V
    Please post instruction here since I’m running the development site on my local computer
    Attached is an image highlighting the part that I want to change

1. t3-logo-huge
    TomC Moderator

Need you to be a bit more specific with exactly what it is you’re wanting to accomplish.

Perhaps you could throw together a screenshot mockup of how you want your megamenu to display after the desired modification?

djacosta Developer

Hi Tom,
    In the attached image in my original post, the menu that has HOME | EDITORIAL etc, I want to to change just the background color to cyan and the text color to white in that menu

TomC Moderator

Honestly, it would be monumentally helpful if you could upload your site onto your web server so you can provide the url of YOUR site – as there isn’t necessarily a universal solution for everyone. Much depends on the particular theme you are using – as well as other factors.

djacosta Developer

<em>@TomC 467291 wrote:</em><blockquote>Honestly, it would be monumentally helpful if you could upload your site onto your web server so you can provide the url of YOUR site – as there isn’t necessarily a universal solution for everyone. Much depends on the particular theme you are using – as well as other factors.</blockquote>

I understand. The problem is my limited bandwidth. I’m in the Caribbean working on a 1 MB connection shared by 14 people.
    Can you give me an example how to do it in the default template for the MAGAZINE layout and maybe from there I get an understanding of where to look. I have a good understanding of HTML, CSS and PHP, but I don’t understand the template structure and the t3 framework very well. I have watch some videos and have gotten a better understanding, but I’m not proficient yet

pavit Moderator

Hi djacosta

Ja Teline V quickstart version is using a less override color for caegories assigning to a category a specific color

Take a look HERE to understand what i’m talking about

So to change the whole mainnav background you should first remove color assigned to the category from the Ja Extra field Tab

Then add this to your custom.css

.navbar-default .navbar-nav {
    background:#YOURHEXCOLOR!important;
    }

Hope that helps

1. Screenshot_8
    djacosta Developer

<em>@pavit 467303 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi djacosta

Ja Teline V quickstart version is using a less override color for caegories assigning to a category a specific color

Take a look HERE to understand what i’m talking about

So to change the whole mainnav background you should first remove color assigned to the category from the Ja Extra field Tab

Then add this to your custom.css

.navbar-default .navbar-nav {
    background:#YOURHEXCOLOR!important;
    }

Hope that helps</blockquote>

Great. That did it for the background color.
    What about the text color?
    Also when one menu item is selected it defaults to back background with white text. Is there a way to change that?

TomC Moderator

To change the text color, add the following to your custom.css file . . .

.navbar-default .navbar-nav > li > a, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > li {
    color: #333;
    cursor: pointer;
    font-family: "Roboto Condensed","Arial Narrow","Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
    font-size: 18px;
    font-weight: 700;
    letter-spacing: 1px;
    padding: 12px 20px;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    }

Change the “color” property to whatever color code you wish

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum