Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Could someone tell me how i could change the the pictures in the newsflash banner?

kije Friend

Hi, the images in that position are the header images that are randomly displayed. You can change the images by loading your own into the ja_irisimagesheaders folder naming them ‘header.jpg’, header1.jpg’, header2.jpg’ consequtively. The dimensions of the default header images are 970×181. You can change the size of that area by editing the #ja-topsl parameters in templates/ja_iris/css/template_css.css which is set to 180px default.

Use firefox to examine the template by selecting the web developer toolbar and choosing css, view css style information. Remember to back up before editing.

Good luck

mackas Friend

Is there anyway of adding images to appear in the newsflash area, but have them linked to a menu item rather than just appearing randomly?

Eg image 1 to appear on home, image 2 to appear on menu item 2 etc

Do I have to add a a new module to this position as well?

Thanks in advance

pgrandmontagne Friend

Hello Mackas!
    I’ve already asked this question here, but the Joomlart-Support was not able to help me yet. Good luck for you 😎

@ SUPPORT-TEAM:
    Please try again to solve this problem!

Best regards.

producer111 Friend

It seems to me that is quite simple :
    1. Empty the “headers” folder with the background images delivered with the template.
    2. Create custom new modules with your custom pictures and place them in “top” position.

lehoai Friend

To embed link into images why don’t you try to use ja_slideshow? it’s can display your header images with info and link in.

producer111 Friend

Sorry about the question (I’m new in Joomlart) – where to find this ja_slideshow ?
    Thanks

mfcphil Friend

I know it was available in an earlier JoomlArt template try here

pgrandmontagne Friend

<em>@producer111 47026 wrote:</em><blockquote>It seems to me that is quite simple :
    1. Empty the “headers” folder with the background images delivered with the template.
    2. Create custom new modules with your custom pictures and place them in “top” position.</blockquote>

Sorry, it’s NOT as simple as you decribe.
    The JA-Newsflash Module loads pictures from “/templates/ja_iris/headers”. The duplicated JA-Newsflash Module still does the same …

Where can I change the source path for JA newsflash images??

Thanks in advance.

pgrandmontagne Friend

I’m not coming forward, but I don’t want to give up.
    Couldn’t be so hard to solve this problem … anybody out there with some hints for me?

pgrandmontagne Friend

Hello dear people,
    thank you in advance for your time 🙂

By the way: ja_slideshow is not available anymore, so I can’t try this.

TomC Moderator

<em>@pgrandmontagne 69898 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello dear people,
    thank you in advance for your time 🙂

By the way: ja_slideshow is not available anymore, so I can’t try this.</blockquote>
    Does it not come with the template?

pgrandmontagne Friend

No, the module that comes with “iris” is ja_newsflash.

pgrandmontagne Friend

Maybe the support team could give me a message? Would be nice…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  pgrandmontagne 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum