Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I read that in order to change the description we need to go to Menus > Main Menu > and look for Home. That doesn’t seem to be the case here, is it?

I’m trying to edit the description, I hope someone can show me how. Thanks!

and yes, I’ve changed the Metadata stuff on the Global Configurations page. 🙂

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Could you please describe in more detail what exactly description you are struggling to edit? Description of your site? Description of a category?

Also, your site URL doesn’t help since it’s off-line. Could you please either put it on-line, or PM me your Joomla Super User credentials?

Regards,

Alex

cebusportingclub Friend

<em>@alexsmirnov 431600 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,

Could you please describe in more detail what exactly description you are struggling to edit? Description of your site? Description of a category?

Also, your site URL doesn’t help since it’s off-line. Could you please either put it on-line, or PM me your Joomla Super User credentials?

Regards,

Alex</blockquote>

Yes, my bad. It is a description of my site that I want changed.

This is a screenshot of the description when loaded into a Facebook post. You know how when you include a link on your post, it automatically loads up a thumbnail and the description of the site? That description is what I’m trying to change. If I’m not mistaken, this would also be the description google (or any other search engine for that matter) use for their search engine.

This is a screenshot of a browser and its tooltip when you hover your mouse over the tab.

I’ve sent my thanks by clicking on the thank you button! 🙂

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Matt,

We have sorted the meta data for you now. The values on your screenshot came out from the Menus -> Main Menu -> Hot news -> Metadata -> Meta Description:

and from Menus -> Main Menu -> Hot news -> Page Display -> Browser Page Title:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex

1. unwarranted_site_description
    2. unwarranted_main_frontpage_title
    cebusportingclub Friend

<em>@alexsmirnov 431779 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Matt,

We have sorted the meta data for you now. The values on your screenshot came out from the Menus -> Main Menu -> Hot news -> Metadata -> Meta Description:

and from Menus -> Main Menu -> Hot news -> Page Display -> Browser Page Title:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex</blockquote>

Saw the changes on the description, awesome! I appreciate how you made an effort to show the steps on how to as well. Thanks, I hope this thread helps other starters out there as well!:laugh:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cebusportingclub 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum