Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have a food receipts website (http://www.receitasdafamilia.com) and I am using JA Corona (default colors are black and blue).
    I am receiving some feedback saying that for a food receipt site it would be better to have also red or salmon as options.
    So, is it possible to create a new collor ?
    Which are the changes that I should do and where ?
    Thank you.

mj1256 Friend

when I’ve chnaged the color I did it this way, I don’t know how others do it

I completely back up the site using joomlapack

then instead of creating a whole new color, I take the default color for the template and change all of the images for the default setting to my new colors.

them I go into the template.css and change all of the css settings associated with the default color of the orignal to my new color of choice.

get used to using firefox’s firebug plugin, it will save you a ton of time finding all the files and lines of code that need to be changed

when changing any file, I make a backup so I can always get back to my starting point in case I mess up.
    I do it via FTP and make a backup everytime I make a change. (you can use joomlaxplorer, but i think ftp is faster)

so, change the images and change the css, and keep checking to find all of the peices that need to be changed.

Sherlock Friend
    hbf1000 Friend

Ok, thank you. It’s not in my scheadule to do this now, but as soon as I have done, I will use this guidelines. Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hbf1000 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum