Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

Would like to customize Top menu so icon does not appear and text is bigger and brighter (change font size and color). (That is Top menu on pull-down panel in pos1, next to Fixel Colors, Useful Link, Tag Cloud and search.)

Please inform.

Thanks
    BigMagic

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello bigmagic
    can you add a screen shot of your problem . and share your working site url . so that i can assist you better . 🙂

bigmagic2014 Friend

<em>@pankajsharma 436349 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello bigmagic
    can you add a screen shot of your problem . and share your working site url . so that i can assist you better . :)</blockquote>

Sure, just go to the JA Fixel Demo and click on the pull-down panel in the upper right-hand corner. Then scan over to the left and you’ll see the Top Menu. Again, I want to change the font size and color of the menu and eliminate the accompanying icon… I want to make the text bigger and brighter.

Please describe how I can do this.
    Thanks for getting back

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello if you want to increase the font-size .
    of the top menu Go to template>>>JA Fixal>>>css>>custom.css
    and add this css code

#fixel-top-panel .t3-module .nav > li {font-size:15px; color: #B32222}
    change the font size and color as per your need .
    It will look like this >>> http://prntscr.com/42h2u5

For the icon please provide a screenshot and illustrate your requirements in .
    So that i can assist you better . 🙂

bigmagic2014 Friend

thanks for the input on customizing font size and color. We’re getting much closer, but still not quite there yet.

What I want is to adjust one menu only (Top menu). Not the entire top-panel. Only ONE menu on the panel.

As far as icon goes.

Again, I Do Not Need an Icon, I want to get rid of the icon.
    Just click on the link you provided and you’ll see the little icon to the left of the page link (ie. icon left of Joomla.org),

http://prntscr.com/42h2u5

looks like a page icon or maybe a folder icon. You can also clearly see the icon under useful links: Issues Page, Info Page, Download Page. There is a little page icon to the left of each of these links. That little icon is also present on the Top Menu links. I want to remove – eliminate – the icon. I am not seeking to replace it with a different icon, I simply want to remove the icon from the links in the Top Menu. I do not want to remove it from the entire top-panel ONLY ONE menu on the panel.

I’ve included a screen shot that might help illustrate.

Again, thanks for your support.

1. Screen-Shot
    TomC Moderator

It would be helpful if you could provide the url of the site you’re working on.

bigmagic2014 Friend

Not sure how a Url is going to help anymore than all the exact information I’ve already given, but since you ask I’ll go one better. Here is the exact link to the exact prototype site. So everything should be perfect, no bugs or mitigating issues from my input.

http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#ja_fixel

As stated numerous times earlier, I simply want to change (adust) the font size and color. Not of the entire top-panel but only one menu on the panel. (see illust in prev msg) I also want to eliminate the accompanying icon. Not form entire top-panel but from only one menu on the panel. (Again refer to illu from prev msg for greater clarity)

Thanks for your support.

TomC Moderator

<em>@bigmagic2014 436840 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not sure how a Url is going to help anymore than all the exact information I’ve already given</blockquote>

Because it helps us inspect the issue – and relative code – for your specific site/issue
    . . . . so as to try to provide the most concise recommendations for your specific site/issue.

TomC Moderator

<em>@bigmagic2014 436840 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    As stated numerous times earlier, I simply want to change (adust) the font size and color. Not of the entire top-panel but only one menu on the panel. (see illust in prev msg) I also want to eliminate the accompanying icon. Not form entire top-panel but from only one menu on the panel. (Again refer to illu from prev msg for greater clarity)

Thanks for your support.</blockquote>

With regard to the icon issue . . . .

Assuming you are using the J3.x/T3V2 version of JA Fixel . . ..

If you haven’t yet done so, create a new file called “custom.css” within file path –> /templates/ja_fixel/css

Within that “custom.css” file, paste the following CSS rule:

.module_menu .nav li a, .t3-module .nav li a {
    background: none;
    }

For the font color issue . . . . .

Within the same custom.css file, paste the following CSS rules:

#fixel-top-panel .t3-module .nav > li a {
    color: #ffffff
    }

Change the color property to whatever color code you wish.

bigmagic2014 Friend

<em>@TomC 436841 wrote:</em><blockquote>Because it helps us inspect the issue – and relative code – for your specific site/issue
    . . . . so as to try to provide the most concise recommendations for your specific site/issue.</blockquote>

Yes, and I could see how that would apply were we talking about a bug or something not working as designed to work. Here I’m talking about a simple enhancement and adjustment that should apply to your standard Fixel template. Assuming I’ve changed nothing,. if it works on your demo template, it will work on my site. In this case I think it would be easier to diagnose the demo as opposed to my particular custom site, as it is in the middle of much adjustment.

But thanks for the info, I will try the recommendations. Also, please include information to adjust the size of text also.

Thanks for your support

bigmagic2014 Friend

Okay Tom,

Got icon to go away, problem is it went away from entire panel. Again, I only want to remove icon from one menu. (Top). Not everything in the panel (Useful Links etc). I also want to change the color AND size of the links in top menu ONLY – not the entire panel.

I’ve included an illustration to help clarify.

1) Remove Icon from Tom menu only
    2) Change color of links in top menu only
    3) Change size (font) of links in Top menu only
    4) Keep everything else in the panel as is.

I might need some further customization in future, but I think if we can this figured out, I can probably tweak the rest myself.

Again, thanks for all your effort and support.

1. Illustration-II
    bigmagic2014 Friend

Hey guys, I’m also trying to build a Fixel demo site, and I keep getting the error:

“Too many things are slowing down. Please try again later!”

Can someone take a look at that or tell me what I need to do to fix it.

thanks
    BigMagic

bigmagic2014 Friend

Okay guys,

Just in case someone was planning on getting back to me, don’t worry about it., I’ve found a workaround… Looks like somebody just kinda forgot about me anyway… thanks for the support.

But I sincerely appreciate whoever took care of fixing the demo site. Works great now!
    thank you.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi BigMagic,

To make it easier for us to follow up on your inquiry, I include the changes you expect below:

<blockquote>1) Remove Icon from Tom menu only
    2) Change color of links in top menu only
    3) Change size (font) of links in Top menu only
    4) Keep everything else in the panel as is.</blockquote>

To get this done, you can try this workaround:

+ Create the templates/ja_fixel/css/custom.css file and add this new rule:

.item-first .t3-module .nav li a:hover,
    .item-first .t3-module .nav li a:focus,
    .item-first .t3-module .nav li a:active {
    background-image: none !important;
    color: red !important;
    padding: 0px !important;
    }

.item-first .t3-module .nav > li a {
    font-size: 20px !important;
    color: red !important;
    background: none !important;
    padding: 0px !important;
    }

For color attribute, I just add ‘red’ value as sample. Please replace with color code you wish.

Please let me know how it goes at your end.

PS. you can find Top module(Module ID: 20) and Useful Links module (Module ID 101) via Module Manager.

bigmagic2014 Friend

thanks Ninja for getting back.

Wow… this looks like just the thing. Unfortunately at the time I didn’t think anyone was getting back, so we had to move on. We’ve already settled on the workaround I came up with some time ago. But really appreciate you getting back with the great help!

Not to worry, I’m sure we’ll have plenty more questions in the future 🙂

BigMagic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bigmagic2014 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum