Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

We are having an issue with the page title that appears in the browser window.

It apparently uses the title of the article for the browser title, override the Site Name setting in Global Settings.

So it will show up as “Products” in Google searches, etc.

I want to customize the output of the page title so that it says “Fuhr Software, Inc. :: Products”. Basically append our company name to the front. But I don’t want this to be the article’s page title.

Where do I do this? I looked at the default.html but couldn’t find it in there.

Thanks!
    Jaime

questbg Friend

Hi Jaime

There are a few extensions at joomla.org which add your site name to the front every section/category/article.

I use “Website Name Plugin”, I can’t find the developer’s site at the moment but look around for that, works well for me!

thinkfsi Friend

Thanks very much!

thinkfsi Friend

For those else looking for this feature, here is the link to the extension:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/3352/details

imsleepy Friend

Thanks for this. Looks great!

questbg Friend

Hi Jaime

<em>@thinkfsi 111628 wrote:</em><blockquote>http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/3352/details</blockquote>

That’s the one!

Glad I could help, good luck with your site.
    Chris

anisjolly Friend

I’m sure you can add the title yourself in the menu manager, when you select the menu option and then in the parameters section or the one below it – where you can choose to show page title, you can add a custom title

image attached

1. parameters_system
    imsleepy Friend

<em>@anisjolly 111723 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m sure you can add the title yourself in the menu manager, when you select the menu option and then in the parameters section or the one below it – where you can choose to show page title, you can add a custom title

image attached</blockquote>

This is actually what I do now. The downside is if you have a lengthy title to add company name what ever to the title, you can’t “show” title because it is too long for the article.

Though I haven’t downloaded the extension yet, my assumption is that it allows you to have the lengthy title, but still show just a standard title for your article.

That would be fantastic if that is what this extension does. If I have time today I will be downloading it and trying it out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  imsleepy 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum