Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi:

running Joomla 1.5 and template Ja_teline_iii. I am very new at this.
    Still working on getting my content up, so I’m recycling some of the sample articles by copy/pasting my text and pictures.

I have not configured intensedebate with my account info yet. But the plug in is enabled and the sample comments that were in the basic template articles are still there.

How can I remove those comments from those existing articles that I am recycling the pages?

No changes have been made to any part of the template.

gray Friend

With phpMyAdmin go to site’s database. There should be table like “jos_jcomments” in which comments are stored. Just empty it.

geekyartist Friend

Hi,

I went through this last night. There is NO database table that controls comments from the backend like Jomcomment. You have to go to the adminitrator panel and chose Plugin Manager. Find the JA Comment Plugin. Then chose under perameters – mode – Disabled.

This will turn all comments off. The best way is if your going to use this feature is to sign up with IntenseDebate or one of the others and let them manage your comments. I have been using Jomcomment for a long time and it is a real headache to maintain. It uses lots of tables to manage and when your DB starts getting big you have to clean out so often. Just my thoughts.

Hope this helps! 🙂

gray Friend

Sorry, htat’s my mistake. Really, JA Comments plugin uses external services (not own tables within Joomla installation).

Besides turning off of the plugin, you have one more option (if you prefer to keep commenting system working) creat your own account at IntenseDebate or other services and update respecive parameters from plugin’s back-end.

tranaee Friend
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tranaee 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum