Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Need to know how to disable the frontpage component…

Thanks….

uniquebiz Friend

what frontpage component?
    the blog layout, slideshow, the whole page? Be specific

charles99 Friend

I need to disable the Body area for the home page it is also call the Frontpage Component, but Joomlart calls it the Body. Can I place a module in there or what? I would like to place a module in the left that will take up all the space… But the Frontpage Component is stopping the module from using the space, I believe its set at 36%… Normally there is a setting in the template main settings that allows you to turn off the Frontpage Component, but this template does not have any settings in the template settings to turn off the frontpage component, so Iam looking for a way around this problem…

Joomlart calls it the Body…

cansay Friend
    smitheringale Friend

(deleted post)

charles99 Friend

Please don’t waste your time sending me a dumb post again! I am not on Joomlart forum to be liked just to find answers to the problems generated by this template.

You either answer the question thats being asked or you don’t… But don’t ever tell someone how to speak to someone else! And my term is very clear Frontpage Component is what everyone uses. Normally the setting is in the Template Main setting, that permits you to turn it off or on… But just mentioning the word Frontpage Component and everyone in this thread panties got bent out of shape…

Well deal with it! Or maybe learn what everyone else is using… Gavick, Templateplazza, YouJoomla, JoomlaTXc and others are simplifying the process by offering a On or Off Switch… Now can you say On and Off Switch? Now don’t you feel special!

And by the way I founded the answer to my question…

charles99 Friend

we did check out your thread but the problem we would have ran into is the Frontpage Component would have load article in the area thus throwing our whole layout out of whack!

Man you can use words thats posted in this forum…Whack!

again thanks

cansay Friend

<em>@charles99 186217 wrote:</em><blockquote>we did check out your thread but the problem we would have ran into is the Frontpage Component would have load article in the area thus throwing our whole layout out of whack!

Man you can use words thats posted in this forum…Whack!

again thanks</blockquote>

Hello Sir.

Then im not quite sure what you want to do ?

How I did – The thread link.
    On my website, if somone enables “SHOW ON FRONTPAGE” or “FRONTPAGE”
    My layout goes bonkers/broken/Tits up also.

Heres the example.
    This is just an article I show with JASIDENEWS2.
    Went into the article, enabled FRONTPAGE.

1. Frontpage-Enabled-for-article
    2. after-fronpage-was-enabled-TP1-and-Firebug
    3. Before-Frontpage-was-enabled
    charles99 Friend

Cansay thanks again… But we went a different way. Even with the changes we made we kept running into conflicts with the template for whatever reason. So we are going try to do something a bit more simple with this template or the framework? But something keeps preventing our plugins from working. JQ and Mootools…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  charles99 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum