Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m using Teline V and trying to figure out how to display multiple categories in JA ACM in the Magazine – Featured News – Style 1.

I recall that someone shared a snippet of code that made it possible to select multiple categories, but I can’t seem to find it now.

Can you please let me know how this is done?

Thanks!

Ninja Lead Moderator

This type of ACM module doesn’t support that feature but you can try with this trick:

+ Create new Category from Articles Manager

+ Move sub category under with new Category

+ Go back JA ACM module and select new Category

tremololabs Friend

That’s not really an option for this project.

Someone shared a code snippet that made it possible to select more than one category. Worked great. Unfortunately, I lost it when I upgraded the component. Anyone else have it?

Thanks!

Ninja Lead Moderator

I have tried to find all threads in JA Teline V template but I could not find any the solution as you mentioned above, you can try to search it from forum again.

adsoma Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 462525 wrote:</em><blockquote>This type of ACM module doesn’t support that feature but you can try with this trick:

+ Create new Category from Articles Manager

+ Move sub category under with new Category

+ Go back JA ACM module and select new Category</blockquote>

Hi!, I have the same needs, 2 categories in Featured News – Style 1 (in teline IV is possible) I understand the trick, but in my case, I have 2 main categories with more that 6000 articles, if I move any category to sub category, I will have problems with SEO.

If you don?t mind, you should consider to add that feature. 🙂

For instance:

An newspaper (in my case) with 2 main categories: “news” and “studies case”. The website is updated every day in both categories (and subcategories), and of course I would like to show both categories updated. in the “FEATURED news”. Just like here:

http://www.tudecides.com.mx

Ninja Lead Moderator

I am afraid for not being in the position to confirm on adding those features. I have forwarded your request to our development team here for further consideration.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I am afraid for not being in the position to confirm on adding those features. I have forwarded your request to our development team here for further consideration.

adsoma Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 469912 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am afraid for not being in the position to confirm on adding those features. I have forwarded your request to our development team here for further consideration.</blockquote>

Hi, I noticed the developed team, they did not change anything, because is not a bug is a improvement (so? go ahead!)

To be honest, choosing several “main” categories should be a GREAT IMPROVE in ACM Module, Telive IV has this feature.
    :p

In my case is EXTREME important. Anyways.

Please if a Developer is reading this….THINK in the customers!!

IF SOMEONE KNOWS HOWE TO “IMPROVE” THE ACM MODULE, PLEASE SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE :p

NOTE: I AM TALKING ABOUT “Magazine – Featured News : style-1” We need to choose 2 o more categories,

adsoma Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 469912 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am afraid for not being in the position to confirm on adding those features. I have forwarded your request to our development team here for further consideration.</blockquote>

Hi, I noticed the developed team, they did not change anything, because is not a bug is a improvement (so? go ahead!)

To be honest, choosing several “main” categories should be a GREAT IMPROVE in ACM Module, Telive IV has this feature.

IF SOMEONE KNOWS HOWE TO “IMPROVE” THE ACM MODULE, PLEASE SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE :p

NOTE: I AM TALKING ABOUT “Magazine – Featured News : style-1” We need to choose 2 o more categories,

eagledk Friend

<em>@adsoma 476772 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, I noticed the developed team, they did not change anything, because is not a bug is a improvement (so? go ahead!)

NOTE: I AM TALKING ABOUT “Magazine – Featured News : style-1” We need to choose 2 o more categories,</blockquote>

Tremololabs and Adsoma, and I’m sorry to tell you, that the request has been asked for by several people, almost as long as the Teline V has been released.

AND JOOMLART JUST DON’T CARE about there customers.

Unfortunately I’m stuck at JOOMLART and the template Teline, because it’s the only one that supports my needs, so I will have to resign myself with there arrogance and indifference.

So just pay and be happy, and don’t expect service from here!!!

eagledk Friend

<em>@adsoma 476772 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, I noticed the developed team, they did not change anything, because is not a bug is a improvement (so? go ahead!)

NOTE: I AM TALKING ABOUT “Magazine – Featured News : style-1” We need to choose 2 o more categories,</blockquote>

Tremololabs and Adsoma, and I’m sorry to tell you, that the request has been asked for by several people, almost as long as the Teline V has been released.

Unfortunately I’m stuck at JOOMLART and the template Teline, because it’s the only one that supports my needs, so I will have to resign myself with there arrogance and indifference.

So just pay and be happy, and don’t expect service from here!!!

adsoma Friend

<em>@eagledk 476787 wrote:</em><blockquote>Tremololabs and Adsoma, and I’m sorry to tell you, that the request has been asked for by several people, almost as long as the Teline V has been released.

So just pay and be happy, and don’t expect service from here!!!</blockquote>

You are right!, that?s why in our latest works we are using different Templates and framework(very friendly by the way)

Thanks for you opinion.

adsoma Friend

<em>@eagledk 476787 wrote:</em><blockquote>Tremololabs and Adsoma, and I’m sorry to tell you, that the request has been asked for by several people, almost as long as the Teline V has been released.

So just pay and be happy, and don’t expect service from here!!!</blockquote>

You are right!, that?s why in our latest works we are using different Templates and framework(very friendly by the way)

Thanks for you opinion.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Guys,

I have talked to the devs and they would be working to implement multi-category select for ACM. Hopefully it should be done this week.

I can assure you that JoomlArt do care for its members.

Regards

Arvind

adsoma Friend

<em>@drarvindc 477221 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Guys,

I have talked to the devs and they would be working to implement multi-category select for ACM. Hopefully it should be done this week.

I can assure you that JoomlArt do care for its members.

Regards

Arvind</blockquote>

Thank you Arvind,

In my opinion will be the best improvement to the ACM module.:)

BTW, you guys need to think about the T3 framework, in our case is not to much friendly compared with other frameworks.

Ok thanks again, I am happy to have ACM with multicategory.

Rewgards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum