Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I have been looking all around to figure out how to edit the width the boxes on user 1 and 4.
    I would like to place my advertisement on position user4.

Please help me.

http://tinypic.com/r/2vm7juw/5

Thanks

toymaker Friend

Hi volkanalgin,
    The width of this modules is being set from inside the Top spot Light file (topsl.php) using a function from the helper inside the lib folder.

The good news is that this function uses a parameter for a special width column. Changing this to 50, makes your “special column” (the one in the right) take up 50% of the space, thus making the left column adjust to the remaining 50%.

so… enough talk… go ahead and open layouts/blocks/topsl.php and check the following code on line 3

$botsl = $this->calSpotlight ($spotlight,100, 30, 'right');
    meaning…
    100 = max width available
    30 = width of your special column
    right = your special column

So go ahead and change the special column width to 50

$botsl = $this->calSpotlight ($spotlight,100, 50, 'right');

And there you go… fixed 🙂

Let me know if it works for you

Peace,
    Gabriel

Volkan Algin Friend

Hi tony thank you so much . i have been looking for a way to figure this out… i was on topsl.php before but never paid attention to the first lines.

thank you 🙂
    best regards,
    Volkan

bkmja Friend

Hi,

Found this thread and hoping it can help solve an issue. Trying to specify fixed widths for top spotlight position on a template that has up to five positions available. Right now the modules split up the space evenly depending on number of modules. Need to force some to be bigger than others. Probably three module positons like 50, 25, 25.

Thanks in advance.

charles99 Friend

i know what you are seeking to do but I am not sure if your can do it with the t# framework? Now I could be wrong but normally you would only have to set the percentage in the module.php file.

Module Position Breakdown…

1 : 100
    2 : 50 50
    3 : 50 25 25

Meaning if you was using a 3 modules layout the first two module would be assigned 25% each of the space from left to right and the third module would get the remaining 50% of the space again working from left to right. Again we are still learning how Joomlart does things. You could also ask tech for a override format that allows one to do just what you are seeking to do…

bkmja Friend

Will explore…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bkmja 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum