Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’m just wondering how to firstly enable the Print and email sidebar in easyblog articles as displayed in your demo content? Also how can I add multiple images to a featured article? It says I can only upload one main blog image.

Here are some pics to show what I want to have on my site.

Cheers

B

1. Sidebar
    2. multipleimages
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi bencarlin,

That sidebar is supported /styled for Joomla content only, if you want to have this sidebar also in EasyBlog entry, you need to customize the markup and style of EasyBlog. The overridden file for article in com_content of Joomla can be found here: templatesja_fixelhtmlcom_contentarticledefault_detail.php and you can customize the markup of detail blog entry via this file: componentscom_easyblogthemesdefaultblog.read.php

For the featured images in main blog, as in your demo site, we have 3 featured blog entries for EasyBlog: http://prntscr.com/42hopa ,the main blog will retrieve and display images from these featured blog entries. You can also check out this tip for how to select featured image: http://stackideas.com/docs/easyblog/how-tos/selecting-featured-image

lyssnet Friend

I want to enable this sidebar to. But i can not understand whot i have to do. How do i have to Customize the Template in witch file?

Saguaros Moderator

Greetings

Basically, you will need to make a comparison for above 2 files:
    – Joomla content: templatesja_fixelhtmlcom_contentarticledefau lt_detail.php
    – Easyblog: componentscom_easyblogthemesdefaultblog.read.php

Check the HTML markup of Joomla article’s layout and customize for easy blog entry’s layout. Then you may also need to add custom css style for it. Custom css code can be added into file: templatesja_fixelcsscustom.css

sp1der Friend

I am also facing the same issue. I was expecting it to be available in easyblog as well….:((

nathanciobanu Friend

How about if the sideboard is already enabled, how do I get rid of it?

Saguaros Moderator

Depend on the type of article you’re using, you can open the appropriate PHP file of that type in this directory: templatesja_fixelhtmlcom_contentarticle

Find and remove/comment this block of code:
    [PHP]
    <div class=”list-icons”>
    <?php echo $this->item->event->beforeDisplayContent; ?>
    <?php if ($params->get(‘show_print_icon’) || $params->get(‘show_email_icon’) || $canEdit) : ?>
    <div class=”menu-edit”>
    <ul class=”clearfix”>
    <?php if (!$this->print) : ?>
    <?php if ($params->get(‘show_print_icon’)) : ?>
    <li class=”print-icon”> <?php echo JHtml::_(‘icon.print_popup’, $this->item, $params); ?> </li>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($params->get(‘show_email_icon’)) : ?>
    <li class=”email-icon”> <?php echo JHtml::_(‘icon.email’, $this->item, $params); ?> </li>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($canEdit) : ?>
    <li class=”edit-icon”> <?php echo JHtml::_(‘icon.edit’, $this->item, $params); ?> </li>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php else : ?>
    <li class=”print-icon”> <?php echo JHtml::_(‘icon.print_screen’, $this->item, $params); ?> </li>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </ul>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </div>
    [/PHP]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum