Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Joomla version 1.5.3
    Quickstart install edenite

Hi,

I am working with edenite template now, but i saw this template Helio and I think i will fit better then edenite for my purposes. As I have done some work like adding sections and categories i do not want to loose this. How can I get the helio template working like the demo without removing everything first???

Marc

markyboy Friend

I have a feeling that developers and other people involved constantly reply on eachother mails, but as a buying customer you do not got much of a reply.. And the time of replies are taking ages on this forum…

Sorry..had to say something about it..

TomC Moderator

<em>@markyboy 55300 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have a feeling that developers and other people involved constantly reply on eachother mails, but as a buying customer you do not got much of a reply.. And the time of replies are taking ages on this forum…

Sorry..had to say something about it..</blockquote>

You barely waited 24 hours before posting your “complaint” message. Might I suggest first trying a little research toward your question . . . and then a bit more patience for someone to respond?

As for starting your template like the demo . . . you would utilize the Quickstart Package installation. There are several threads on this Forum discussing Quickstart Packages and the value of using them. (TIP: The Forum “Search” function can be a great resource). If the Helio Quickstart hasn’t been posted yet … I’m quite sure Hung is working feverishly on it and it will soon be.

So, in answer to your question, to start your template customization with the template looking like the demo, use the Quickstart installation package. If you do not want all of the modules as showcased within the demo – yes, you will need to disable the ones you do not want. (There’s a little give and take in just about everything).

Good Luck.

😎

mj1256 Friend

this is a basic joomla question and you can find the answer there.

you can install the template and the modules a la cart and that will maintain your current content, but. you will not have the demo content You can achieve the layout and functionality of the new template. if you are not experienced with joomla, install the quickstart and say good bye to the work you have done so far.

Hung Dinh Friend

We are gethering and putting together all frequently asked tutorials and specific tutorials for all JA template in new tutorial forums

markyboy, such guide has been published at following links

http://tutorials.joomlart.com/videos/install-a-quickstart-package.html

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12841

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum