Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I am using JA Rasite and create a new category under the default News category. I have assigned this new category for the content slider section. I would like that when the article title is clicked that the article opens in a page without the front page template. How can this be achieved?

himangi Friend

Hi,

Do you mean that you want to use JA Rasite for your site home page and all or some other pages should have different template than Ja Rasite? Basically assign different templates for different pages?

You can do it by editing a template and assigning it to menu items using Menu Assignment option, if you are using Joomla 1.5

ddhoray Friend

Not exactly.
    My home page looks like the napshomepage.jpg image attached.
    When I click on an article on the featured articles section, it shows up as the image naps-featurearticle.jpg however, i would prefer that is shows up on a ‘new page’ with a different layout using the same template say for example what is seen when a news item is clicked as in the naps-news.jpg.
    I do not want to use multiple templates. I would prefer that I use the same JA Rasite template but be able to control how pages look when i click on the respective links.

I am using Joomla 1.6

1. napshomepage
    2. naps-featurearticle
    3. naps-news
    himangi Friend

Hi,

You can do it by publishing modules on homepage only.
    OR
    You can follow the steps below to apply the layout with all module positions to Home page and to apply a simple full width layout without any module positions for all other pages..

1. Go to Joomla admin > Extensions > Template Manager > Ja Rasite.
    2. Click on LAYOUTS tab in right column. Click on CLONE link infront of DEFAULT layout, and give the new layout name as FULL-WIDTH / anything you want and save it.
    3. Now click on the EDIT link infront of your new layout and remove code <blockquote><block name=”topsl” specialwidth=”30″ special=”right” type=”spotlight-top” >user1,user2,user3,user4,user5</block></blockquote> from the <blocks name=”top” style=”xhtml”>….</blocks>
    4. Also remove code <blockquote><blocks name=”middle” colwidth=”30″>
    5. <block name=”content-mass-top” >content-mass</block>
      <block name=”inset2″ width=”25″ >left</block>
      <block name=”right1″ >right</block>
      </blocks></blockquote>

6. Save the layout.
    7. Click on PROFILES tab and click on NEW link to create a new profile. Name it same as your layout.
    8. Click on the new profile name and scroll down to find Desktop Layout in Layout Settings. Click on the checkbox infront of it to enable changing layout. Then from the selectlist choose your new layout you have just created. Save the template.
    9. Now to assign the profiles to different pages, you will see Page Assignments in the left column. For All Pages option choose Your Profile instead of current option Default.
    10. If there is another assignment done after All Pages then click on the Itemids you can see and choose your HOME menu items and click on Select to select the menu items. Then choose Default profile for these itemids.

Hope this helps..

kaffistuut Friend

Works perfect for me.
    Thanks 🙂

antho5914 Friend

Hi, I asked exactly the same except for me, despite having followed the instructions above does not work. (I’m using Joomla 1.7.1) do you have a solution? Thank you!

himangi Friend

Hello antho5914,

Can you please start a new thread for your issue and provide your site url and explain the issue again? Please remember to PM me the new thread you start so that I will check the issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  himangi 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum