Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi fellows!

I would like to know how I can hide one or modules such as “Latest members” or “latest videos” in JA Social to avoid them to be displayed when I connect to the Jomsocial frontpage (to be more precise, I want to hide everything that appears on the right column).

I know that this in principle can be done under Componets menu choose JomSocial->Templates and on the template you are currently using set the frontpage options there, but JA social does not allow to do that..

Can someone help ?

Thanks in advance

TomC Moderator

Within your Module Manager, you can assign which pages any given module will display on.

magimax Friend

Maybe I didn’t express myself clear.
    I want to hide the modules as seen in the picture but these modules (Jomsocial modules) are not found in the Module Manager.

Usually there should be a configurable options panel like the one pictured below, but the JA Social template does not allow to do that….

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

1. 14102011_135215
    2. 14102011_3
    TomC Moderator

Have you installed the JomSocial component into your JA Social template?

If so, perhaps these items are within the parameters within the JomSocial component itself?

magimax Friend

Yes as you can see from picture 1, the layout chosen for Jomsocial is JA Social.
    The Jomsocial component allows the customization of these parameters only from the “Template” section as pictured in my second picture.

Any help ?

TomC Moderator

Might you be able to allow me temporary access to your site administration, so I can take a look around?

magimax Friend

I think I have given the required username and password when opening this thread……………………………….

phicts Friend

Same here on my end – no template information, no parameter options.

@ Magimax, try switching to the default template that came with jomsocial then set your preferences. After that, try to switch back to the jomsocial template packaged with ja_social and see if the settings are kept.

magimax Friend

Hi phicts,

I am sorry I am not going to “try” as I don’t want to lose my settings or any other custom modification I made.
    I have used the quickstart installation so in principle I expect that the settings are visible and the JA_Social complies with standard overrides recommendations of JomSocial.

Is this a bug or a change request planned for future versions ?

Thanks for helping out.

pavit Moderator

Salve

<blockquote>I would like to know how I can hide one or modules such as “Latest members” or “latest videos” in JA Social to avoid them to be displayed when I connect to the Jomsocial frontpage (to be more precise, I want to hide everything that appears on the right column).</blockquote>

Penso che potresti fare questo con un layout override

mi spiego meglio, potresti creare un layout personale senza il modulo right ed applicarlo al menu jomsocial in modo che quando vai in quella pagina i moduli pubblicati nella posizione right non verranno mostrati

phicts Friend

Hi magimax.

I actually tried changing settings in the default template that came with Jomsocial WHILE THE DEFAULT template is the one packaged with ja_social. It works on my end – whatever I set on the default template that came from JomSocial applies to the template that came with ja_social.

However, I have no heavy customization. I thought all you wanted was to hide those modules you mentioned. My setup: JomSocial 2.2.4 on Joomla! 1.7.2

I’m guessing based on my experience that the template for jomsocial packaged with ja_social “inherits” basic settings or options set to the default template that came from JomSocial.

By the way, in case you have not yet done so or just reminding, always backup your site not only to minimize the risk of losing your custom modifications but also as a matter of good practice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  phicts 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum