Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Folks
    Please please need some urgent and desperate help in adding a photo slideshow to a joomla template header. I am working with the ja_purity header. Have tried different slideshow modules but none works in the header position beside my main logo. See our site http://www.handinhandusa.org to understand what I want. I want to fill up the empty space to the right of the logo with a slideshow.
    Any suggestions and pointers will be more than welcome. I have intermediate knowledge of php and javascript but not much skill in CSS.
    Thanks and hoping to hear from you joomla pros soon!!:((

P.S. I have already tried inserting different slideshow modules in the template header module position without any result.

cjmicro Friend

I just did this! It was a different template, but here is how I did it:

1) Install newest ja-slideshow2 and install
    2) Create new module position in the CSS:
    ex:
    #phototop {
    position: absolute;border: 0; padding: 0;left: 494px; width: 450px; height: 350px;
    }

3) Then go to header block and insert new module position phototop
    (templates/yourtemplate/layouts/blocks/header.php) and add the new position
    ex:

<div id="ja-header" class="wrap">
    <div class="main clearfix">

<div class="inner clearfix">
    <?php if($this->countModules('phototop')) : ?>
    <div id="phototop">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="phototop" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </div>

<?php
    $siteName = $this->sitename();....etc

4)Then set your ja-slideshow 2 module to show in position phototop and choose the image folder and size etc. and enable it.

I also set a random image module for the subsequent pages to display a static image in that same place.

Hope this helps!!
    Cheryl
    PS I can’t guarantee this shows right in all browsers, have not tested yet, but it works in FF and IE8

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cjmicro 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum