Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I really want to use JA Lens for one website but I find that the user experience for the home page is terrible. In short, a user should never have to use 2 scrollbars to navigate through content. This leads to frustration. Using it myself I get very frustrated. Imagine how pissed off a user will be when trying to read a frontpage article.

Here is my suggestion on how to improve the user experience. I hope one of the developers is reading this and can point me in the right direction.

First, get rid of the constant scrolling. If you have a long article (with comments) you can only see part of the article. In order to read the full article you have to go back and forth between 2 different scrollbars. IMHO this is very bad design. I would like to see the entire article displayed so that the article scrollbar does not appear. This means that you cannot have images wrapping underneath the article and the bar that says “Click for more awesomeness…” should be pushed to the end of the entire article, no matter how long the article is.

Your comments are appreciated.

Rene

renejdm Friend

Hi,

By setting the popup preview to ‘No’ in the template manager I can bypass the 2-scrollbar issue. However, I lose the cool effects when popup preview is set to ‘Yes’. Can someone tell me if it is possible to have the complete article appear on the frontpage without having to use 2 scrollbars? If yes, how?

Rene

HeR0 Friend

Hi Renejdm
    Please set popup is ‘No’ in template manager and clear all cache

Regards,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum