Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I would like to have the mainmenue (and the logo) always at the top of the screen – even when scrolling the content.

How can i fix this part of the template on the top of the screen?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Yes, you can try to do this way

Open templates/ja_lens/css/template.css file and add new script

#wrapper {
    padding-top: 59px;
    }

#header {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #1A1A1A;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #2A2A2A;
    color: #CCCCCC;
    height: 59px;
    position: fixed;
    top: 0;
    z-index: 2000;
    }

Walter Doljar Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 404237 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes, you can try to do this way

Open templates/ja_lens/css/template.css file and add new script

#wrapper {
    }

#header {
    }

</blockquote>

Works well when putting it into the template.css, thank you.
    BUT I would like to use an override file:

I made a custom.css, put the code into it, placed it into templates/ja_lens/css …but does not work there.
    maybe I missunderstood how to work with these overrides? What´s wrong?

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can try my workaround below:

+ Create templates/ja_lens/css/custom.css file and add CSS rules below:

#wrapper {
    }

#header {
    }

+ Open templates/ja_lens/index.php file,

Find and replace:

<!-->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template; ?>/js/jquery.mediaqueries.js"></script>
    <!-->

With:

<!-->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template; ?>/js/jquery.mediaqueries.js"></script>
    <!-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template; ?>/css/custom.css" />

jlrx Friend

This solution is great for making the mainmenu static. but there is a little problem:
    With the pop-up menu turned on, the articles default to the top of the page, so the X of the articles is hidden by the static “mainmenu”.

Is there a way to make the article slide to the bottom of “mainmenu” instead of being hidden by it?

Ninja Lead Moderator

It would be great if you can include url of your site, an illustrated screenshot of what you are trying to achieve. I will help you out.

jlrx Friend

Thank you for your help!

In the screen capture #1 you can see that the article goes to the top when it expands (this seems to happen on Firefox, but I just realized is not always the case and in Chrome there are about 15px separation from the top).

After using your code and making ‘mainmenu’ static, When I click on a photograph and the article expands-> the [X] close and scrollbar hide behind the ‘mainmenu’.

The question is: is there a way to make the articles go to about 60px from the top when it expands, just below the static ‘mainmenu’?
    Like this:

One again, thanks for your help!

1. Capture_01
    2. Capture_02
    3. Capture_03
    Ninja Lead Moderator

My workaround above is a hack into the css file on JA Lens Template.

I tried to solve the problem however it needs more change from js and css file (it is using IFrame to show the popup). I’m afraid your question was rather complicated to get it solved.

jlrx Friend

Thanks anayways, 🙂
    I have been playing with the CSS (I’m no expert) and I have been able to lower the icon-close.gif and the scrollbar.gif; It’s not as pleasing, but it’s a shortcut until I get to learn more about this template.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jlrx 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum