Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

This may just be a n00b Joomla question, but my site has several sections that are comprehensive enough to have their own “home page” type layout but I can’t find anything in the “Menu Item Type” section that would allow me to change the layout to the home page layout.

How do I accomplish that and is it possible to just create new menu item types?

Thanks! :confused:

TomC Moderator

Though I may be spit-balling here …. it seems to me that this is an issue of creating/modifying the css ids/classes relative to the pages you are working with so that you can achieve the desired affect. I don’t think there is a “point and click” solution to achieve what you are looking for …. at least not yet.

Now, if the pages are all part of the same template – then the menu structure should carry over from page to page. If, however, you are using different templates as the basis for these sub-sections, then you will need to modify the css and div positions to achieve a more uniform flow.

If I am off base in my thought process, please feel free to correct me

😎

leisurepublishing Friend

No I think you’re right and I’ve found actually that the section layouts will work fine with some tweaking as you suggest.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@leisurepublishing 123602 wrote:</em><blockquote>This may just be a n00b Joomla question, but my site has several sections that are comprehensive enough to have their own “home page” type layout but I can’t find anything in the “Menu Item Type” section that would allow me to change the layout to the home page layout.

How do I accomplish that and is it possible to just create new menu item types?

Thanks! :confused:</blockquote>

leisurepublishing,

There is more to the Teline II than meets the eye. Teline II is a news-magazine There are additional scriptings that were needed that are not as apparent from the facade of what seems to be a simple layoujt. Teline II is a different animal altogether from most (99%) of all Joomlart templates.

Actually, there is an extension developed by Joomlart, called JA News Component. The latter must not be confused with JA News, which is simply a module. The JA News, apart from its News module, also has a component, thus the name, which you may tinker with to create specific layouts. And, you can use it for any tempate (but then again, Teline II is the only news-magazine among the Joomlart templates that I know).

Hypothetically, it allows you to create layouts for your sections and categories (I think). It looks very promising and I was so excited. But, like many extensions developed Joomlart, the lack of a good detailed manual intended for the average person was what stumped me. I was so busy at the time last year, I did not have a chance to look at it again. Maybe they have dealt with the problems already.

What you are looking for is addressed more by iJoomla Magazine and the separate IJoomla News. You can have multiple magazines or even issues, if you want. In theory and I have seen some Demos.

Note that the iJoomla Magazine and the separate IJoomla News are softwares developed for Joomla. They still require templates, and Teline II may still be the best template for it.

You need more advanced skills though to make the softwares work. If you have a friend who knows scripting, (s)he may be able to help you integrate Teline II and the IJoomla softwares.

Cornelio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum