Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi all, I want to show the ja-content-slider (located in position ja-cs) just as it is showing in the demo however I do not want the images or anything for that matter to be linkable, So basically it is just there showing off some thumbnail images as a fancy kind of module and does not else.

I was wondering if someone could tell me the code to edit in order to make sure the images are NOT linkable and the module is just a non functioning module showing off images only :confused:

I know this is an usual request but for my specific purposes I need this effect.

Thanks in advance

1. ja-content-slider
    uniquebiz Friend

<em>@jamjodesign 165058 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi all, I want to show the ja-content-slider (located in position ja-cs) just as it is showing in the demo however I do not want the images or anything for that matter to be linkable, So basically it is just there showing off some thumbnail images as a fancy kind of module and does not else.

I was wondering if someone could tell me the code to edit in order to make sure the images are NOT linkable and the module is just a non functioning module showing off images only :confused:

I know this is an usual request but for my specific purposes I need this effect.

Thanks in advance</blockquote>

Link to JA content slider docs

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-content-slider-userguide/

I’d say turn linked titles to NO and Hide intro text

try that and see how you go
    Cheers Shannon

jamjodesign Friend

Hi Shannon, I have done that and still no good because the little thumbs are still linkable. I guess what I am asking is how do you break this 🙂 because basically I dont want to show off any articles at all – I just want this nice sliding little thumb effect, thats it. So I will have to make a code change I just want to know where :confused:

Hope this makes sense.

uniquebiz Friend

<em>@jamjodesign 165099 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Shannon, I have done that and still no good because the little thumbs are still linkable. I guess what I am asking is how do you break this 🙂 because basically I dont want to show off any articles at all – I just want this nice sliding little thumb effect, thats it. So I will have to make a code change I just want to know where :confused:

Hope this makes sense.</blockquote>

Turn the module off and replace with a normal horizontal scroller, try this one here it allows you to turn off or on any linking

Cheers Shannon

If I have helped say “thank you”

jamjodesign Friend

Thanks for the link to that module Shannon – but I would prefer to use the module that is in the demo as it looks a little better but i just dont want the thumbs linking back to the articles.

uniquebiz Friend

jamjodesign;165554Thanks for the link to that module Shannon – but I would prefer to use the module that is in the demo as it looks a little better but i just dont want the thumbs linking back to the articles.

Hey that’s fine I’m hoping JA can answer your question too, as it would be helpful, I haven’t tried it but as the module pulls the images and any associated text from articles within categories I guess you have tried just putting the images in and playing with the parameters

I guess once we find the file that controls the module we could comment out the linking codebase?But with the changes made in T3 templates I find it more complex to find just what is what, guess JA does that so they dont have to “fix” our customisations?

Cheers Shannon

jamjodesign Friend

Cheers Shannon thanks for your time – my main problems are with the ja-slideshow2 to be honest – I have used your suggestion above for now.

Saguaros Moderator

hello guy

Please open the file: templatesja_rasitehtmlmod_ja_contentslidedefault.php file:
    and try to find codes:
    [PHP]
    <?php echo ‘<a href=”‘.$link.'” title=””>’.$image.'</a>’; ?>
    [/PHP]
    and replace:
    [PHP] <?php echo $image; ?>[/PHP]

Good luck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 14 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum