Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have a question about jaslideshow2.
    How do you change the order of the images in the gallery. For me no matter what I do, it seems that it’s kind of random all the time.

Thank you!
    Laur

Anonymous Moderator

Dear laugrig,

Please try with my guide:

In Ja slideshow2, there are three order option:
    + $sort = 1 : sort order according to image’s name with ASC type
    + $sort = 2 : sort order according to image’s name with DESC type
    + $sort = null : random.

To change the order of the images in the gallery, you can open mod_jaslideshow2.php file in modulesmod_jaslideshow2 folder, at about line 44, find following script:
    [PHP]//Navigation
    $navigation = $params->get(‘navigation’, ”);[/PHP]

and change to:

[PHP]//Navigation
    $navigation = $params->get(‘navigation’, ”);

$sort= 1; /*or 2 or ” */[/PHP]

Hope it helps.

bniceaa Friend

Can you explain the diff between ASC type vs DESC type? Thanks~

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

ASC = ascending – 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 6
    DESC = descending – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1

Anonymous Moderator

it is correct

shabmost Friend

It worked. Thank you Ja Developer.

Cheers

shabmost Friend

Hi,

I have another question, not sure if related to this thread, but an important one before deciding to use JA Slideshow for our websites.

Ja Slideshow appears to load all images before displaying on the requested page, or it is simply takes time to process.

Before displaying it does not provide any message, metering or wait sign to indicate that something is downloading.

In situations, where you have a dozen images to dispaly, and the bandwidth is not super fast, the user moves to other pages or sites before Ja Slideshow can finish downloading and display.

Another concern is, when Ja Slideshow finally finishes downloading, it suddenly pops up on the screen to surprise users. Visitors who are paranoid about unwanted ad shows, and do not like surprises when browsing, can have a wrong impression about the site.

I like Ja Slideshow because of the fact that it is fully CSS.

However, I would like to see the following improvements, that I think are crucial
    1. Providing some sort of indication that it is downloading, perhaps a preloader that provides file download status
    2. Preloading the first image, before other images can dowloaded

Regrads

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  shabmost 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum