Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi There,

I’m a novice and this may have an easy answer that I don’t know of, but here goes.

I’d like to place an image rotator module above the “Welcome to the Frontpage” Text on the Frontpage. But, I don’t want to use the user 1,2,3,4 or 5 module positions since they are for other things.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot.

S

cjmicro Friend

You can put more than one thing in the other positions and they will stack up. So if user 1 is above the welcome to front page you could put 2 things in there and order which is on top or on the bottom.

The other option is create a module, give it a custom position like “topfront” then add another front page article above the other one, and use the loadmodule plugin (must be enabled in back end plugins), and use the syntax {loadposition topfront} or whatever you called it.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Cheryl

ssaxton Friend

HI Cheryl,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Thinking about it now the second of your 2 options would be best since I’m doing an online magazine and will be using users 1-5 and the styling, in terms of color, will look odd if I try the first option.

Can you point me in the right direction as to how achieve this, bearing in mind I know nothing about php?

thanks,

S

cjmicro Friend

1) Create a new module, custom HTML, with whatever info you want in this position.
    2) Assign the position ” newtop ” to the position (you will just write that in there, rather than choose left, right, user1 etc… just manually type the name in that spot) Make sure the module is published and display on all menus.
    3) Make sure your plugin loadmodule or loadposition is enabled in plugin manager
    4) Create a new article to display on home page which will be the first article on the page
    5) type {loadposition newtop} and save the article
    6) that article should be the first on the home screen, with the custom html from your module displayed.

Hope this works for you. Good luck,

Cheryl

ssaxton Friend

Hi Cheryl
    Thanks for taking the time to help.

s

😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ssaxton 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum