Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am trying to split horizontally the TOP block into two.

1. First I added a new position named top-right in the templateDetails.xml.
    2. Then, I added the corresponding lines in the blocks/topsl.php file, to load the modules in that position if there is any.
    3. Finally, I modified the css/layout.css files in the next way:

#ja-topsl {text-align: center;}
    #ja-top {
    position: absolute;
    width: 50%;
    }
    #ja-top-right {
    padding-left: 490px;
    width: 50%;
    }

The problem is that now, the top block does not capture the high of the modules automatically. I assume this is because of the “absolute” tag.
    But If I set it as “relative”, then the two blocks appear one beneath the other.

First question:
    How can I do to put them in line, but also to capture the high automatically?

Second question:
    Could you point to any good reference where all those attributes are well explained in detail?

Thanks!

Phill Moderator

Take a look ah how the code should be formed in the botsl.php block. You should be able to quickly work out what you have done wrong from looking at that.

As for documentaion you can look at the wiki but most of it has change with T3V2. In V2 you could have simply mad a couple of minor edits from the template manager to achieve the results you are after. Everything is so much easier now. Rasite for J1.6 uses the new T3V2 system.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum