Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Now the template is in the middle of the browser view. Want position the Template on left site, how can I do this?

TomC Moderator

<em>@proterra 249209 wrote:</em><blockquote>Now the template is in the middle of the browser view. Want position the Template on left site, how can I do this?</blockquote>
    Please don’t take this as anything but constructive comment . . . but why would you want to do this?

While left alignment USED TO BE the widely used display method back when the web was really taking off …. these days (and going forward), center alignment is really the way to go . . . ESPECIALLY with the larger/wider monitor sizes and higher resolutions most people are utilizing these days.

Personally, whenever I see a left aligned website, I cringe and am more inclined to move on than to further explore. A center aligned site – in my opinion – is just so much more “today” and professional feeling/looking.

Again, this is simply MY personal opinion and offer of friendly/constructive comment on this issue.
    Of course, this is YOUR site and the decision to align the site is YOUR decision.

Okay, now that I have stepped off of my soapbox, here is what you would try . . . .

In your template/css/template.css file . . . likely in the first line (or first few lines, anyway),
    add “float: left;” to the “body” class.

Although this is the code for Teline IV (J1.6) – as I do not have Teline III downloaded on my computer –
    it would/should look similar to this . . .

body { font-family: Arial, sans-serif; float: left;}

Hope that helps !!!

proterra Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 249211 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please don’t take this as anything but constructive comment . . . but why would you want to do this?

While left alignment USED TO BE the widely used display method back when the web was really taking off …. these days (and going forward), center alignment is really the way to go . . . ESPECIALLY with the larger/wider monitor sizes and higher resolutions most people are utilizing these days.

Personally, whenever I see a left aligned website, I cringe and am more inclined to move on than to further explore. A center aligned site – in my opinion – is just so much more “today” and professional feeling/looking.

Again, this is simply MY personal opinion and offer of friendly/constructive comment on this issue.
    Of course, this is YOUR site and the decision to align the site is YOUR decision.
    </blockquote>

Understand this (some big sizes in germany are on the left site), but it is for me the only option to position (fixed) banner outside of teh template frame. Or have you another option?

himangi Friend

Hi proterra,

Did you try styling change given by Tom? Please let me know if you need any further help with it..

proterra Friend

<em>@himangi 249363 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi proterra,

Did you try styling change given by Tom? Please let me know if you need any further help with it..</blockquote>

My problems are posted here, think there is the right topic:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/position-of-modules-not-available/#post-398194

thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  proterra 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum